The Butterflies In My Stomach

Anisa's POV:

What did he just say?! That got me nervous rather than angry. "No comment." I said, totally dumbstruck. My heart was beating fast but I tried my best to show no reaction.

He laughed as he walked to the washroom to get fresh and prepare for the night. My eyes traveled behind him as he closed the door. Suddenly, weird thoughts started coming to me and I shook them off.

Why was I getting so dirty?

It took him hardly ten minutes to get finished. I was noting the time, ming you. He came out wearing his casual clothes. Shorts up till his knees and a red hoodie that stuck to his body perfectly. He looked much more handsome than usual as something​ was different that day. His smirk was more attractive and his wet hair made my heart go into a frenzy.

I decided to go to the washroom next. I grabbed the most comfortable clothes I had and walked to the washroom.

Whatever the disadvantages of marriage were, the one good thing about getting married was that you didn't have to worry about wearing revealing or indecent clothes. That thought led me somewhere else. I remembered the black dress that was hanging inside my closet.

A thought came to me and I quickly shook it off. What if I wore it for Ali? Would I look as attractive as Brianna and the others? He was so used to having hot girls around him that I was sure it wouldn't be anything new for him.

Slipping in my comfy trousers and shirt, I walked out. I sat down in front of the dressing mirror and started to brush my hair. "Are you feeling better now?" Ali asked out of the blue. My heart skipped a beat when he asked me that with so much care.

But I couldn't figure it out if he said it with love.

Oh Anisa! You sure are a helpless case.

"Yes, Alhamdulillah. Thank you for supporting me." I told him with honesty. He frowned as if I had said something really weird. "What do you mean?" He asked.

"I mean, you were there when I couldn't take it anymore. You took me home without asking me anything. And even on the way, you listened to what I had to say. Thank you for that." I was blushing as I said that but weirdly enough, I was able to say it without stammering or stuttering.

He was quiet. "You really are so easy to please." He said a minute later, making me frown. He pulled a chair and placed it beside me. He sat on it, might I add, very closely. Our knees were touching and I felt my cheeks burn. "I don't understand." I said.
"Even after all I did to you, you forgave me so easily. If I were you, I wouldn't have ever forgiven me." He admitted. I was surprised by his words. "You can accept people so easily."

I shook my head. "I am not. Trust me. I don't know why I did..." Trailing off, I looked up at Ali. His beautiful eyes were shining and were waiting for me to continue.

I swear, Allah had gifted him with exceptionally good looks.

"I think you were an exceptional case." I smiled at him, which got him more confused. He wanted to say something but closed his mouth. "If you want to say something, you can." I assured him but he shook his head. "I don't." I knew for a fact that he was lying.

But, I let it go. He would eventually say it if it was important. I started brushing my hair again, Ali staring at me as I moved. I felt a little paranoid but at ease. I wanted him to stay there, close to me.

My eyes were shut as I brushed away. Suddenly, I felt his burning touch on my hand as he took it in his. My eyes opened and I saw his eyes looking back at me intently. His hand pulled mine down and he made me turn to face him. I didn't move when he leaned in closer and closer until I could feel his hot breath on my skin.

Tingles rushed through my body and suddenly, I didn't want him to stop. I wanted him to lean in and kiss me. His hand brought mine closer to his face and he kissed the back of it, sending shivers down my spine. It was like his lips had an electrical touch. He brought his face closer to the side of my face and before I thought that he would at least kiss my cheek, his voice in my ears made me flinch.

"I love your hair."

He got up from his chair making me snap out of it and plopped down on the bed. "Man, I am tired!" He stated as if nothing happened while I still hadn't recovered from it. The closeness was just too much to take.

Ya Allah! What was happening to me?!

I was almost angry at him for leaving it unfinished and acting like it was no big deal.

"Ali Hassan!" I shouted at him slowly. He looked up realizing he had pissed me off again. "What?" He looked a little scared. But I couldn't bring myself to address the previous scene we just had had. I grumbled and walked towards the bed. "Nothing."

I climbed inside the warm, cozy bed where Ali was already laying down. That time, I felt nervous sleeping in the same place as him. It made me think; why hadn't I felt like this when I first slept on the same bed with him? Why did I feel nervous then?

Then suddenly, an arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer, my back hitting his chest. His face was near my ears and I felt his breath on my neck. I didn't say anything because, obviously, I was too shy to. My cheeks were red and my heart was beating like crazy. But I felt safe.

I felt secure in his strong arms and I didn't realize it before I went to sleep.

Ali's POV:

Hearing the sound of my alarm, my eyes shot open. I realized that I was hugging Anisa so tightly as if my life depended on it. I moved my face closer to her back and could smell her wonderful scent. It smelled like shampoo mixed with the smell of wet mud.
It made my thoughts fuzzy.

I never knew girls smelled so good.

My alarm disturbed the moment I was having and I just HAD to pull away. I turned off the alarm and heard the Azaan (call for prayer) for Maghrib. I wanted to pray that day as much as I could. I wanted to thank Allah for such an amazing day of acceptance from both me and Anisa.

Aside from the truth about Anisa's father.

Honestly, I was going to pray for him. But Allah knew best.
I decided to wake Anisa up because she also had to pray. I heard the bell of notifications ring from my phone. I turned on my phone and saw many miscalls from Usman.

I called him back. "Assalam u alaikum, Usman." I said in the phone. "Waalaikumussalam, where are you guys?!" He asked, worried. I apologized to him and told him that Anisa wasn't feeling well so I took her home. It wasn't a lie. He understood the situation and informed me that he was out with some friends whom I didn't have a clue about and that he would come home late.

Cutting the call, I woke Anisa up for prayer. "Hey sleepy head! Wake up for prayer." I poked her on her bare shoulder. She was wearing a short sleeved shirt. She groaned. "What?! I don't have to!" She shouted in annoyance, still asleep. I couldn't understand at first but then eventually did.

Girl problems.

Getting out of bed, I had this stupid urge to finally let out my feelings for Anisa. But, I stopped myself. I went to do Wudu and prayed Maghrib. I still didn't go to the mosque to pray but I made sure I prayed. At least the easy ones.

After I was finished, I decided to go down for a little snack. I was hungry. Reaching the door, I turned my head to face Anisa who was sleeping. Her beautiful brown hair were covering her eyes as her eyelashes kissed her cheeks.

"I love you, Anisa." I couldn't help but saying it before walking out of the room.