Detention

hello! i am back with another one shot as I have not edited this book in a very long time. I'm glad you've all been enjoying it and I'm still taking requests :)

Also, you should definitely follow my instagram. @/emqclty 😛
________________________________

"Y/n."

"Please stop talking."

"But-"

"Piss off, Lupin." You stared at him blankly. You saw his face drop, clearly intimidated, and you smirked. His friend, James Potter, was the reason you were all in this dump anyways. From the corner of your eye, you saw Sirius Black make an "ouch" face at Remus, who shook his head and dipped his quill in ink. James laughed from across the room, and Peter Pettigrew stared at his paper nervously. Minerva McGonagall, the professor leading today's detention, gave James the death stare, and you couldn't help but chuckle a bit. Remus looked at you. His obsession with you was weird, but you knew you liked him back. Every bit of him was adorable, from his face to his voice and his smile...

"Remus, I can tell you're staring at me," you stated, not looking up from your paper. You could hear him shift uncomfortably in his seat, and you smirked again. James very obviously laughed, and you rolled your eyes. Sirius joined James, and Peter couldn't even look up from his paper.

"Thirty minutes time," said McGonagall, also not looking up from her parchment. Yoo thanked Merlin. While you could contain and hide your feelings for Remus, he could not, and it was rather embarrassing. He hid it well in public, but whenever he got anywhere near you he lost any type of composure he had before. You were hoping he'd someday do something about it, like ask you out, but he was Remus Lupin; he wouldn't do anything unless James Potter forced him to. You couldn't decide whether it was adorable or aggravating.

When the thirty minutes was up, you forced James to stay behind, earning a look from Remus, but doing it nonetheless. He looked at you, confused, and you waited for Professor McGonagall to leave before speaking. You gave her a smile as she walked out.

"James, you have got to do something about Remus."

"I'm sorry?"

"Dare him to ask me out or something," you said in defeat. "It's a bit draining waiting for him to do something."

"So you like him back then?"

You stared at him and blinked. Obviously.

"Well, what do you want me to do?"

"You're James Potter for christ's sake! Do anything!"

"He doesn't just do whatever I tell him to."

"Ehhh."

"Y/n-"

"I'm giving you two days, Potter. Come up with something in that little brain of yours." You poked his forehead and walked out. Down the corridor was Sirius and Remus, nosily waiting for James.

"What's that about?" Sirius seductively smirked at you.

"Bugger off, Black. Say, where's Pettigrew?"

"Don't know. Ran off somewhere, I suppose."

"You suppose? What if he gets himself into something?"

"He's Peter. What do you think he could possibly be doing?"

"Right. You make a solid point, Sirius. Tell your mate Potter to leave me out of your shenanigans next time, yeah? That was absolute hell. It was unbearable sitting in such an environment of awkwardness." You turned to look at Remus, then back at Sirius. "Afternoon." And you walked away. You could see Sirius's look of confusion even without actually seeing it, and you smirked again.

You didn't know where you were going, and quite frankly, you wanted to stay behind with them, but you wouldn't let yourself turn around for the sake of your pride. You were snarky in front of the Marauders for a reason. You trailed off towards the quidditch fields, hoping Lily might be around. She probably wasn't, but it gave you something to do. As you walked out of the school and into the grass, you could hear Remus and Sirius bickering behind you. They were definitely following you but you decided, for your own sanity, that you would just listen. You knew they were arguing about what you told James to do and it was honestly quite amusing. You sat on a near by bench and pretended to journal, but really you were listening to them yell at each other so painfully close to you.

"No!"

"Why not? You're clearly head over heels for her anyways."

"Shut up."

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No."

"Sirius."

"Remus."

"You know I can't."

"Why not?" You could hear the aggravation in James's voice.

"Because!"

"Remus, stop chickening out!"

"No!"

"What could go wrong?"

"She says no and thinks I'm weird and doesn't talk to me anymore and avoids me everywhere I go and ignores me when I say hello." You rolled your eyes. Although you couldn't technically, you could see James's blank stare and you could hear his blink.

"I'll do it." You heard him start to stand up from the crouching position you could only imagine they were in. They were definitely behind a bush.

"WHAT."  At the volume Remus yelled, you assumed the whole campus heard him.

"I'll tell her myself."

"No you won't."

"Oh, I certainly will."

"No, you certainly will not." You got up from the bench you were sitting on and began to walk back towards the campus. You made every movement obnoxiously loud on purpose. You heard both of them stop suddenly and you smirked. If they didn't know you were there before, now they certainly did.

"Mate...I think you might've already told her." You heard a ruffling noise behind you, and you assumed it was the bush. Then a loud clear of the throat.

"Y/N. Willyougoonadatewithmeplease?" You turned around.

"What?"

"Willyougoonadatewithmeplease." You broke out in laughter at how fast he presented the question and you could tell it startled him. You walked over to him, gave him a peck on the cheek, and wiped a leaf off of his shoulder.

"Yes I willgoonadatewithyou." You laughed again, and you finally walked away.

You could hear James Potter awarding himself in the background.

________________________________

AH it's been so long that's crazy. i am so inconsistent at writing and updating my books but i did not forget about any of you 😉 also my sherlock holmes book is still up and running if you're interested!!!!!!!!

love you all i hope you enjoy the informality of these authors notes

jay <3