And They Were Roomates

The title has absolutely nothing to do with the one shot but I thought it was genius so I'm keeping it.

Hello all! Welcome back! Today's one shot is requested by @siriusly_loves_remy

In this one shot you and Remus are both professors. Also, for most of the professor x professor one shots, we're gonna pretend that Remus had worked at Hogwarts for more than just the year he had actually worked for.

________________________________

The train left in an hour, and you and your husband were packing your things for the school year.

"Y/N, relax. We have time."

"Sorry."

You were nervous. More than nervous, actually. It was your first year teaching at Hogwarts, and although you went there when you were a teen, you had no idea what you were doing. Your husband, of course, had been teaching for quite a while. Yet still, you were lost. Which is probably why you were panicking. You know, because you were going to be late and you didn't know what you were doing with your job.

"Hello, earth to Y/N." Remus waved his hands in front of your face.

"Right. Sorry." He turned his head, almost like a dog, and made a curious look at you. Then he sighed.

"Alright, sit down." He said, patting a spot next to him on your favorite couch.

"What?"

"Sit. Right here." You walked over to where he was motioning, and he took your hand. "Alright, spit it out."

"We should probably-"

"Y/N."

"Okay. Fine. I'm very anxious. Terrified, that is. I don't know what I'm doing and I'm too afraid to ask you because you're such a professional in this stuff. I'm afraid my students will hate me. I'm afraid I'll screw up so bad I'll get terminated. I'm just anxious, Remus."

"Y/N, my dear, please stop talking."

"What?"

"You are going to be perfectly fine." He put his hand on your cheek. "You don't think I was nervous on my first day? You're a professor, of course you're going to be nervous! But, I've been at it for three years now, and it gets better everyday. I love it. Now come on, let's go catch our train."

So that's what you did. You arrived at Platform 9 3/4, and hopped in the back of the train, away from the students. When at Hogwarts, you and Remus both Apparated to your seats in the Dining Hall before any students could walk in. You introduced yourself to all of the other professors, and sat back down next to your husband, Professor Remus Lupin.

All of the students stared at your unusual face, but seeing new professors wasn't new to them, as the Professors at Hogwarts had moved in and out pretty fluidly. The evening started with the first-year hat sorting, and eventually, Dumbledore was standing up giving his speech.

"I'd also like to introduce our new Muggle Studies Professor, Y/N Lupin. You can call her Professor Y/N."

You stood up, and suddenly, all eyes were on you. Remus rubbed your back, remembering the feeling of this moment and the anxiety that led up to it. The students and staff members clapped, and you took a small bow. Then, you sat back down. And there you go, your first day had begun.

You and Remus lived in the same quarters. Since it was just the first day, no instructional classes were going to be happening, giving students and professors the chance to settle in.

"See, that wasn't so bad, was it?" Remus said.

"Shut up."

"Ouch...," he said, while also motioning as if he'd been hit by an Unforgivable Curse.