Careful Now

Hopefully this makes up for my last one-shot. This was requested by @artlovingbre (thanksss)

Hmm, I'll say you're in your third year at Hogwarts. Remus is a professor. You have like a father-daughter relationship and you're in Gryffindor.

________________________________

"Class dismissed."

It was a rainy Wednesday evening. Every classroom was almost pitch black because of the lack of sun, and it ruined your mood entirely. You had a quidditch match in exactly two days, and, per usual, you were extremely nervous. As seeker, you had one of the most important jobs; one of the most dangerous as well. Rain didn't help your nerves; it made it worse really. You thought it was going to rain the day of your match, and since you wore very slippery glasses (you were almost always pushing them back up on your nose) you were afraid you would miss the snitch. You, of course, always had Hermione to fix that, but did that help your nerves?

Not at all.

You were packing up your Defense Against the Dark Arts materials when you felt the sudden urge to vomit. You stopped, rubbed your temples, and continued to clean your table.

"Hey, you alright?" The Slytherin sitting next to you asked. She seemed considerably nice; she snickered about your house every once in a while, but she was usually quite kind to you. You'd completely forgotten her name though; maybe something like Andria?

"Fine."

"You sure? You don't look too good."

"Yeah. I'm probably just hungry or something."

"Alright. I'll see you on Friday."

"Yeah. Bye then."

You fought the urge to barf then and there as the Slytherin girl walked away. Even the mere thought of that game made you incredibly uncomfortable. Considering the whole school was going to be there and it was one of the most anticipated matches of the year, you had your reasons. You finally gathered all your things and were just about to exit when a very familiar voice called you back.

"Y/n, will you please come back here for a moment?"

"Where, sir?"

"My office, if that's alright." You headed towards your professor's office after waving your two best friends goodbye.

"Yes, sir?"

"You can take a seat if you'd like." You murmured a "thank you" and quietly sat down. Professor Remus Lupin waited until all the students left the room to speak again.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes, sir."

"Y/n."

"Professor Lupin."

"There's obviously something wrong, dear."

"Okay, fine. I'm nervous."

"About what?"

"I have a big quidditch match on Friday."

"Oh my, you're fretting about that?" You gave him a 'well duh' kind of nod. "Really? Listen, there's no reason to worry. You are an excellent flier and you've gotten some great wins."

"Thank you, Professor."

"No. No thanking me until you win your game on Friday, you hear me?"