Adopting a dog - ushijima & aone

ushijima wakatoshi, aone takanobu x gn reader

GENRE: FLUFF SCENARIOS

WARNINGS: NONE

WORD COUNT: 695

Ushijima:

Toshi held the door open for me, the now familiar jingle bringing a smile to my face. Practically shaking with glee, I bounced into the store, the same employee from our last visits smiling at my obvious excitement. The smell of the dog shelter washed over me; the music doing very little to cover the sound of barking from the kennel room.

The bell rang again, signaling the entrance of my trailing boyfriend. He glanced at the bell once, giving the employee a polite nod as he stepped in behind me. His arm draped around my hips, dragging my attention away from the broad array of adorable pet collars. The olive eyes I had fallen for over the years were nearly impossible to read – his inscrutable face yielding nothing – unless you knew him as well as I did. The miniscule gleam of anticipation told me all I needed to know – the day we both waited weeks for was finally here.

The suggestion to get us a dog was his to start – I merely hopped on the idea wagon. The adoption route was an easy decision, neither of us enjoyed the idea of possibly funding a puppy mill and Wakatoshi wanted a grown dog capable of jogging with him. After browsing a few sites, I stumbled across a local shelter and found him – a lolling pink tongue hung from a wide, happy dog grin, his wagging tail just a blur in the background and I knew.

I sent his pictures and profile to Toshi for the official green light, but I had a gut feeling. I would have taken him home after glancing only at the picture and he ticked every other box. Considering my boyfriend was at practice, I was not expecting a prompt answer, but he answered within the hour, "yes".

And here we were, a few meetings and a stack of papers later.

Wakatoshi's hand flexed around my waist as the employee opened the gate, a recognizable canine smile bounding out from behind it. I crouched down immediately, gathering a collection of friendly kisses all over my face. Toshi chuckled, lowering his body to the ground next to me. His eyes met mine over the newest member of our small family, shining bright under the fluorescent lights. I beamed at him, stretching to press a quick kiss to his cheek. "Welcome home."

Aone:

Getting a dog was originally my idea, an offhand comment from a few weeks ago, but Nobu ran with it and dove into an extensive search headfirst. He found a shelter he adored like almost immediately, but from there faced the impossible task of sorting through dogs we could or could not take care of.

I left him to ponder his choices and wandered into our bedroom where I was tucked under the covers when he approached our bed, an adorable amount of apprehension pinching his features. "Y/N?" He crooned, his hands sliding around my waist.

Oh, so he wanted something.

"Hmm?" I hummed in response, setting my phone down on the nightstand. I rolled on my side to look at him, letting his long arms drag me even closer. He guided my head to his chest with a gentle hand, resting his cheek on my hair. His long legs pushed mine apart, tangling with them in our bedsheets. A large hand traced shapes up and down my back.

"What do you want, Takanobu?"

He chuckled, the sound reverberating through my bones. "How did you know?"

I sighed softly, nuzzling against his chest. "This is how you cuddle when you want something."

He chuckled again, shuffling around to grab his phone. "I found the dog I want us to bring home."

I propped my chin up, my eyes squinting at the screen. An elderly dog with three legs stared back at me with huge eyes and my heart broke a little. Her snout was so grey and whiskered I wanted to give her a thousand kisses and then a thousand more.

"She's been in the shelter the longest," Nobu murmured, swiping to another picture.

"Are you sure, Nobu?"

He pressed a long kiss to my forehead. "I'm certain. She's the one."