When they realize they are in love - te, bo, & ak

tendō satori, bokuto kōtarō, akaashi keiji x gn reader

genre: fluff

warnings: bokuto & akaashi's are post time-skip (kind of)

word count: 793

Tendō :

Tendō was not sure when he first noticed you were no longer walking next to him, but his hand was feeling oddly cold. The space between his eyebrows creased in confusion, you had just been right beside him.

"Y/N?" He called out, pivoting on the sidewalk.

He expected to find you behind him on the sidewalk, possibly distracted by your phone or maybe an animal, but he was not at all prepared for the handful of snow he received?? In the face.

His eyes began watering at the cold, the wetness sliding down his face and creating damp stains on his sweatshirt. He blinked once, twice, attempting to find your face through the tears. Wiping his face with the back of his hand, he narrowed his eyes at you. You began to laugh, your hands clapping over your mouth in an effort to stifle the noise.

"Y/N-chan," He sang creepily, lunging at you suddenly.

Your eyes snapped open in alarm but before you could dart more than a few footsteps away, his hands wrapped around you. He tugged you back towards him, the front of your coat bunching up in between your bodies. Your breath hitched quietly in your throat, tugging a smirk from him. He loved witnessing the effect he had on you, but most of all it was a reminder – a reminder that he was the one you loved.

One day he would feel like he deserved it, but for now this was enough.

He freed one hand, reaching up to tug on his hood. A few clumps of snow cascaded onto your face, snowflakes losing themselves on your eyelashes, the water turning your features into glistening reflections of the light.

He chuckled at the facial expression distorting your features and stole a kiss from your mouth, the cold lingering on his lips even after he pulled away.

"I'm not letting go of your hand this time."

Bokuto :

His thoughts were so scrambled he could not remember a single time when he was this nervous. His emo-mood as Akaashi called it, yes, but never this. But it could not be anything else: his foot tapped listlessly, he could not seem to look away from the clock, and his fingers bunched in the practice jersey.

His attention slipped to you as your hands slid between his and the fabric of his shirt, solid and comforting. "Kōtarō, what has you so anxious?" You asked, peering at your boyfriend.

His foot began tapping again. "This tryout could change everything, Y/N."

"I know," You smiled in acknowledgement, glancing over at the clock. "But no matter what happens on the court today or tomorrow or ever there's one thing that won't change." You poked his chest.

Bokuto gently tugged on your hands, guiding your face to meet his. He grinned at you affectionately, a light illuminating the golden hues of his irises. Leaning his forehead against yours, he kissed the tip of your nose fondly. "That was the cheesiest, cutest, most adorable pep talk," He murmured, kissing you tenderly.

Shoving his shoulder gently, you pulled away first, making a noise in the back of your throat. "Treat carefully, Bokuto Kōtarō," You warned. "Now, hurry up. You're going to be late."

Akaashi :

It was a quiet morning; the light of the sun spilling lazily through the gap in his bedroom curtains.

His eyes drifted across his room, over his mirror, your bag, the stuffed owl in the corner, and finally landing on the screen of his laptop. For some reason, the numbers of the clock struck him oddly, and it took a few moments to settle in.

The time.

His heart plummeted and he scrambled for his phone. Had he slept through his alarms?

But there was nothing – no missed alarms, no distressing notifications. He checked his phone's calendar just to be certain, but still nothing. No classes or work for either you or hum

Sighing, Akaashi slid his phone back onto the nightstand. He settled under the warmth of the covers, careful not to disturb your sleeping form, After everything, he was grateful not to have woken you up during his panicked haze.

Days like this did not happen often. Moments like this were so different – quieter, more tender – than daily life. Even the night at the carnival, one of his favorite memories with you, was full of loud jokes, wild antics, and neon lights.

Maybe it was not as memorable, but moments like this were just as important. Because it was right now, with the neighbor shuffling on the floor above and the morning traffic on the street outside, when he could feel just how madly in love he truly was.