Volleyball Season headcanons

tsukishima, ushijima, kenma, oikawa, & daichi

genre: fluff

warnings: established relationships, just fluff

dating some of the haikyu boys includes:

Tsukishima :

He asks you to come to each game even though you promised him at the beginning of the season that you would be at all of them. 

This salty boy doesn't want any consolation after a loss – at least not in public. Once you two are alone the blond will open up his arms for a hug. You give him one of course, wrapping your arms tightly around his neck. He will ask for a kiss before pulling away.

You and Tadashi get along so well its scary, and together you have the power to break down some of Kei's walls.

With most of his time preoccupied with volleyball, you spend most of your time together at school.

Even knowing the other team members will tease him mercilessly if they see you, he will let you hold his hand and often rests a hand on your lower back.

He is always retrieving items from out-of-reach places for you before you even know you need them.

You are the only one allowed to listen to his music with him.

Ushijima :

Everything in his world has always rotated around volleyball and that hasn't change, but this circle of his started to change once you entered his life.

His favorite practices are the times you're waiting to spend time with him afterwards. He looks forward to the good luck kiss before games and the celebratory kisses just as much as the games themselves. 

His favorite way to review games is with you curled into his side and he has an arm wrapped around you. He doesn't mind if you fall asleep, he just likes having you close to him.

At first, his drive for volleyball was just for himself -- to take on the world on his own. But ever since he fell in love with you his drive for volleyball has only increased. He wants to give you the world just as much as he wants to conquer the world with you by his side.

Kenma :

Kenma doesn't really care about volleyball, and doesn't let his schedule get in front of spending time with you.

At school you two can usually be found sitting somewhere together, he is much more comfortable showing you affection in private.

Kenma is a massive cuddler in private, and loves movie nights. He will let you watch anything you want as long as cuddles are in the works.

You two are always stocked up on snacks, and the sleep schedule between you two is horrendous.(I'm not convinced Kenma ever sleeps)

He reveres the times when you allow him to play with your hair.

Oikawa :

Oikawa loves forehead kisses and counts them as his lucky tokens.

He adores when you play with his hair, and doesn't care where you are or who is around. He's proud that you are his and he is yours.

Losing a game doesn't happen very often, but when it does Oikawa requires a long hug in the empty locker room from you.

His jacket spends more time in your closet than his. 

On the bus he demands cuddles and lets you pick between watching a movie, listening to music, or talking together.

Daichi :

Touch is Daddy Daichi's love language. He tones it down around the team, but he is somehow always around you and touching you in some form.

The team complains when you two kiss in front of them, but secretly they all love he found perfect for him.

He feels ten times better when your hand is in his.

He will find you immediately after the game is over and sweep you up into his arms dramatically despite your protests.

You secretly love all the bus rides Karasuno take because bus time equals cuddle time.

"Mom"