Tournament Day headcanons

kenma, ushijima, kageyama, oikawa, & sugawara

genre: fluff

warnings: established relationships

hanging out on breaks during tournaments w/ some of the haikyu boys

Kenma :

This gaming boy bought you a switch if you didn't already have one and you both spend a lot of the time gaming. 

If you don't game you either watch him game or mess around on your phone while sitting next to him. 

You remind him to eat, and get him back to the court in time for warm-ups (Kuroo loves you for this).

He's not big on PDA but loves when you sit by him, arms wrapped around one of his, and head resting on his shoulder (it doesn't interfere with his gaming but he is still close to you).

Kenma is like a shadow if you're on the move. He's got one eye on his phone and the other on you just in case.

He's not confrontational in the slightest and will just hang behind if someone approaches you. He will step in if things go awry obviously, but he doesn't get jealous very easily and his trust for you goes to the moon and back.

Ushijima :

Sooooo much practice

He will bring two lunches for the both of you though, and if possible the two of you sit outside and eat together. It's quiet and you two get to enjoy each other's presence without the team (there is a very high chance Tendou will spend his whole break trying to find you two.) 

If there is nowhere nice outside you guys just find a quiet hallway. Conversations are usually centered around volleyball, but you guys talk about lots of things. 

During one really, really long break you fell asleep on his lap, and Toshi didn't want to move you. That is the only time he's ever missed a warm-up (granted it was just the first few minutes of it).

No one in their right mind would try to flirt with you when Toshi is nearby. Consciously or not, he looks and acts like a (very polite) bodyguard. Especially when he's walking behind, you that man is tall it's just the vibe he gives off.

If for some reason your boyfriend isn't there, and you can't handle it, his teammates will always have your back.

Kageyama :

Practice, practice, practice. But not as much as Ushijima. 

If you have some volleyball experience you guys set back and forth or play a game, if you don't he will just ask you to throw it in the air so he can toss. (He's also willing to teach you how to play properly if you want to learn.) 

He tries to spend at least a little alone time with you (whether that's a walk or something else you decide) since you came to this tournament to watch him. 

The other team members of Karasuno mock him ENDLESSLY. Who thought anyone would be willing to date someone who lives and breathes only volleyball? They do enjoy your presence though because Kageyama communicates more.

Kageyama isn't blind, he sees your beauty and is always afraid someone better -- someone who can spend more time with you -- will come along and snatch you away. He's jealous anytime someone tries to flirt with you, but will respect you and only step in if you need help. Kisses are needed afterward for reassurance that he's the one you love.

Oikawa :

He sets a little just to keep himself warm, but otherwise he spends it with his team and you. 

If you go somewhere he will follow you around like a lost puppy.

Oikawa's fangirls don't like you because he ignores them in favor of you (he better??). 

Everyone on the team loves having you around because you keep Oikawa's ego in check. And just keep Oikawa in check in general. 

He loves PDA, and since you spend so much time around the team he has to remind them all you are his. Kisses are great don't get him wrong, but he loves hugs. And when he gets to hug you from behind while watching another game or talking to someone? His favorite thing to do in the whole world.

This hug from behind comes in handy when someone is trying to flirt with you, because you can't see the dangerous glare Oikawa is sending their way.

Sugawara :

Cuteness overload. Everyone gets annoyed, but also not because it is Suga. 

Holding hands 24/7 and sitting next to each other always. You two are connected at the hip, where there is one there is the other. 

Everyone on Karasuno adores you as well, and you and Suga are often referred to as "Mom" and "Dad" (sorry Dai). 

If you don't know volleyball he will teach you everything he knows, and if you know the sport you both discuss tactics and other volleyball things. You even help him come up with a new play for the team to try. 

Suga seems like the type to enjoy long walks (swinging your conjoined hands 👉🏼👈🏼), and you always tag along for team dinners.

Suga is the sweetest boy and he's also very smart. He knows how beautiful you are and is not afraid to mark boundaries if someone flirts with you. Most of the time he just wraps an arm around your waist and let's you handle it. He's just your back-up.