When they realize they have a crush - se, iw, & us

semi eita, iwaizumi hajime, ushijima wakatoshi x gn reader

genre: fluff

warnings: semi & ushijima's are post time-skip

word count: 973

Semi:

He knew he should not be irritated with his band's success and rise to fame, but when all he wanted was his favorite dish without being swamped by fans, it was hard not to want some semblance of normalcy. Even if it was for something as simple as going out for a bite to eat

Semi felt the buzz from his phone indicating a notification. It was a text from you responding to his previous message, "By 'want to get food' you mean me run in and get us food right ??"

Familiar. Normal. That was you.

He smiled down at his screen, fingers hovering over the keyboard.

Before he could respond another message from you appeared, "Just hurry up and pick me up already."

An hour later the door to his car opened and shut as you slid into the passenger seat for the second time that night, the bag you carried weighed down by boxes of food.

You set it on the middle console. "Are you happy now, Eita?" You groused grumpily, putting on an air of annoyance.

He shook his head wordlessly at you and opened the bag. He opened one of the boxes, wafting the delightful scent towards his face, and sighed in contentment.

He smiled at you gratefully, "Thank you, Y/N."

He could get used to his new normal as long as you were by his side.

Iwaizumi :

Iwaizumi Hajime is nervous, and he does not know why.

It is not like he has not introduced you to people before – you have already met most of the volleyball team – but for some bizarre reason seeing Oikawa wave from across the gym made his eyes narrow and heart clench.

But he would have to introduce you two eventually. Maybe sooner would be better than later. He forced his dragging feet to move in the direction of his friend. By the sound of your footsteps, he knew you were following.

"Iwa-chan! Who is this and why have I never met them before?" Oikawa grinned charmingly.

Iwaizumi rolled his eyes, making to turn around and leave but your hand on his arm stopped him. You shot him a look before turning towards Oikawa with a friendly smile.

He sighed. "Y/N meet Oikawa Tōru. Oikawa this is Y/N," He grumbled, gesturing between the two of you, "my partner."

Both Oikawa and you raised an eyebrow at him.

"Were!" He blurted, quickly realizing his slipup. "We were partners."

Oikawa began to snicker; a light blush bloomed across Iwaizumi's neck as he realized his second blunder. "We were partners for a group project in school a few weeks ago. Y/N is my... friend." Doubt flickered through his veins, forcing him to hesitate. Why did the term friend feel so wrong? Thankfully, neither Oikawa or you seemed to notice the brief pause or his uncertainty. If the team captain had noticed, he would have commented without a doubt.

Oikawa swept you into a casual conversation with ease, leaving Iwaizumi to find his mental footing on his own. It was like trying to land during a storm, however, as his mind swirled with a hundred different thoughts. Although they all took different routes, each and every single one of them found the same conclusion – whatever sentiment he felt towards you was no longer simply platonic.

Ushijima :

As the door to the coffee shop swung shut behind him, the employees greeted him warmly, stating his order would be up shortly. There was no need for him to order, they not only knew both you and he by face and name, but your orders as well – the little coffee shop had something for everyone.

Paying for his order, he let his gaze wander over the quiet bustle of the store. It was no shock to him to find your figure already seated in your regular spot; your order spread on the table before you. He shook his head lightly, one day he would be here before you.

The only other chair at the table – his spot – was open, and some of the tension released from his shoulders. He had a ludicrous fear his seat would be taken by a stranger one day, despite the fact it seemed to remain available even during the store's busiest hours.

Ushijima would never tell a soul, but he was fond of the idea that you reserved it for him.

Whether it was a coincidence or fate that he chose this store all those months ago and the only spot left was his chair he did not know, but some days he wondered what his life would be like without you. Without these quiet moments to unwind and collect it would certainly be more stressful. Away from the hum of everyday life, he enjoyed time to himself. Although he was never actually alone here, it never bothered.

Fate or chance or whatever it was had brought you into his life and turned a coffee shop acquaintance into a friend – someone whose presence he truly enjoyed. Sometimes you talked to him about various topics until you had to go, and others you would scarcely say more than a 'hello' and 'goodbye'. But whatever mood you were in, he did not mind because you never forced him to talk more than he wanted or pushed him too far from his comfort zone.

The computer beeped, signaling the completion of the transaction, and the barista slid his order across the counter. He thanked them quietly, nursing the drink as he crossed the room to you. Setting his order down on the table next to yours, he settled down in his spot. Your gaze darted up to meet his, and a genuine smile tugged at his lips as you asked how his week was going.

Other days, he wondered what his life would be like with you.