Nicknames

When Kirishima and Mina arrived back at the dorms, Kirishima slipped past Sero and Kaminari who were chatting by themselves in the living room. Huh, he thought, I thought those two were going to be busy all evening. He jogged up the first flight of steps, heading up to see Todoroki before dinner. Maybe they could get a little extra studying in before dinner.

Mina watched Kirishima head to Todoroki's room with a frown. She hadn't expected him to leave her right as they got back to the dorms.

"Mina!" Kaminari called. "Where were you guys? You left us alone all afternoon!"

"Yeah!" Sero said. "We were bored!"

"Hm?" Mina turned to them. "Oh, sorry."

"That's it?" Kaminari asked. "No explanation?"

"Nope. Sorry boys. Just wanted to hang out with Kirishima."

Sero and Kaminari exchanged a look. Mina was usually the one encouraging full bakusquad hangouts and now she just wanted time with Kirishima?

"So Mina," Sero said, "what's up with you and Kirishima?"

"Nothing." Yet.

Kirishima knocked on Todoroki's door, quietly thinking of how critical Mina was of him. It irked him more than it should have. Todoroki was his friend. Why was she so critical of him?

"Kirishima."

Kirishima snapped back to reality. "Hey, Todoroki. I got back early so I was wondering if you wanted to start early?"

Todoroki opened the door wider. "Sure, you have your books?"

Kirishima held up his backpack that he snagged from his room on the way over. He walked into Todoroki's room and smiled. He loved being in Todoroki's room. It was calm, peaceful. There weren't any posters or bright colors. But there was a potted plant or two.

"What do you want to study first?"

Kirishima sat down at the extra chair they had found in a storage closet somewhere. "Math?"

Kirishima could have sworn he saw an amused grin flash across Todoroki's face.

"Very well."

They had barely made it 20 minutes before Kirishima got them off tract.

"Aizawa once took Kaminar's test back to keep after showing him his grade."

"Really?"

"Yeah! Kaminari had gotten distracted during a test and doodled a picture of Aizawa to the side. Apparently Aizawa hung it on his fridge. At least, that's what Present Mic said."

"Pft-"

Kirishima's eyes widened as he saw Todoroki start to laugh. He didn't think he had ever seen him laugh before... or smile like that. He looked happy.

Todoroki cleared his throat, his face back to its standard deadpan. "So Aizawa adopted our class?"

Kirishima couldn't help but stare at him. Todoroki had made a joke. Kirishima smiled before laughing.

"Oh yeah, he adopted all of us!"

There was a knock on Todoroki's door.

"Yes?" Todoroki called.

"Hey Todoroki!" It was Midoriya. "Dinner's ready!"

"I'll be down in a minute."

"Ok!"

"I suppose we should go down to dinner then." Kirishima said, a bit disappointed.

"Yes. We should go."

They walked to the door. Todoroki holding it open for Kirishima.

"Hey Kiri, do you think we could play a game of Phase 10 before we begin studying again after dinner?" Todoroki said, walking past Kirishima.

Did he just give me a nickname?! He wants to play a game! He GAVE ME a NICKNAME!

"Definitely!"

Todoroki flashed Kirishima a small smile before continuing on to dinner. Kirishima felt himself blushing a bit. He should smile more. It's cute.

:)