Pride Movies/Shows

This is probably where everyone is going to realize how much more informed I am on books than TV shows and Movies. I have no doubt there's a lot missing from this list, but these are some of the ones I found. Please check ratings and don't watch anything that your parents wouldn't approve of rating wise please. Feel free to add others in the comments.

Movies/Shows

The Death and Life of Marsha P. Johnson

Documentary. Marsha P. Johnson was a trans woman who helped lead the Stonewall riots (the ones that gave us our rights). It's a documentary on Netflix and currently on my to-watch list.

Disclosure

Documentary. Different trans people share their stories.

Queer Eye

I think most people know this one lol. But if you don't, a group of queer men (one of them may be non-binary, I'm not actually 100% sure) travel around and help people achieve their goals. (Self-confidence, work-life balance, etc.) On Netflix.

Amend: The Fight for America

Synopsis: Will Smith hosts this look at the evolving, often lethal, fight for equal rights in America through the lens of the US Constitution's 14th amendment. On Netflix.

She-Ra

10/10 recommended. On Netflix. Is an fantasy-action cartoon with a LOT of queer representation. Also Iconic.

Pose

Synopsis: In 1987 New York, LGBTQ ball fixture Blanca starts her own house, soon becoming mother to a gifte dancer and a sex worker in love with a yuppie client. (MATURE) On Netflix.

Orange is the New Black

Synopsis: When a past crime catches up with her, a privileged New Yorker ends up in a women's prison, where she quickly makes friends and foes. On Netflix. Queer Representation is definite.

Sense 8

Synopsis: From the creators of "The Matrix" and "Babylon 5" comes this tense series in which eight people can telepathically experience each other's lives. On Netflix. Trailer shows good LGBTQ representation.

Trinkets

A grieving teen finds an unexpected connection with two classmates at her new high school after they all land in the same shoplifters anonymous group. Uner Netflix's LGBTQ tv shows. (I feel like this is where I should note that I'm not putting down all of Netflix's LGBTQ shows and movies, just some of them. I don't think I could put all of them down in a reasonable amount of time, but if you put lgbtq into Netflix's search bar, it'll come up with a bunch of shows and movies that should have queer representation.)

The Half of It

On Netflix. A girl helps her classmate write love notes to a girl, but ends up also falling for her. On my list.

A New York Christmas Wedding

I meant to watch this at Christmas. Looks like a Hallmark type movie. On Netflix.

Alex Strangelove

I don't think I've actually watched this yet, but from what I've heard, it's good. On Netflix.

PROM

Musical. I'm not a big musical fan, but I did enjoy it. The songs are on my gaylist (gay music playlist, not sure if I should clarify that). On Netflix.

Handsome Devil

Synopsis: A self-described outsider is sent to a rugby-obsessed school, where he forms an unexpected bond with the star player. On Netflix.

Straight Up

On Netflix. Synopsis: When a gay brainiac with OCD questions his identity, he enters a romantic relationship with a woman, leaving sex and physical intimacy out of it.

My Grandma's a Lesbian

IDK this one sounded funny to me. On Netflix. Synopsis: Two women in their 70s decide to come out to their families and get married, sparking chaos - and threatening a granddaughter's engagement.

The Boys in the Band

On Netflix. Synopsis: At a birthday party in 1968 New York, a surprise guest and a drunken game leave seven gay friends reckoning with unspoken feelings and buried truths.

This is where my Netflix list ends. I only have Netflix, so the rest of the list is based on google lol.

Googled:

The Handmaiden (Amazon)

Princess CYD (Netflix)

Paris is Burning (Netflix)

Kiki (Hulu)

God's Own country (Netflix (sorry, it turns out the site I'm on is not Hulu only, not like I types in queer Hulu films and shows...))

LOVE SIMON (I love this one. I don't usually cry at movies, shows, or books, but I cried watching this one.)(Hulu)

The Owl House (Cartoon on Disney Plus)

Elena Undone (Hulu)

The 10 Year Plan (Hulu)

Adam (Hulu)

Euphoria (HBO)

Sex Education (Mature themes, Netflix)