•• Chapter 2 ••

When Y/n arrived at the Rengoku estate, Kyojuro couldn't be more welcoming. He would talk to Y/n even though he knew she would not understand him.  What caught his attention most was her eyes, he has never seen anything like it. Shinjuro hoped Y/n would never remember how he found her in the future. Even though he did not know what happened up on that mountain he knew it was brutal. A mother protecting her child, losing her life in the process which caused her to leave her child alone.

As years passed, Y/n trained with Shinjuro along with Kyojuro, but soon... his wife died. That's what had a major effect on him, he started to become blunt and disrespectful toward everyone including his children and Y/n. Y/n saw Ruka as her mother, Ruka would always have confidence in Y/n since she always said: "she was different than others.". Many Demon Slayers would question her about her abilities because they were more enhanced than others. They would also question why her eyes are that color which was a stupid question cause she was born with it, but despite all the weird looks and weird questions she would just smile and walk away. Y/n was now twelve training with her new teacher Kyojuro.

The slayers were supposed to be sparring with others to show who needs more training on what they struggled with. Y/n was against the sassiest person she has ever met. She thought the Serpent Pillar was rude, how wrong she was.

The Slayer looked at Y/n up and down judging her whole appearance. "You have weird-looking eyes." The boy said glaring right into her rainbow-colored eyes.

Y/n kept quiet gripping the wooden sword harder making the wood have a cracking sound. 'If you have a death grip on the sword the more force you are losing. Have a firm grip and swing down to add more force' Y/n remembered what Kyojuro said once.

"Go!" Kyojuro yelled making the slayers start attacking their opponent. The slayer immediately swung his wooden sword at Y/n, and Y/n was quick to block it and swing her wooden sword back. Both their swords hitting together, Y/n swung her sword once more with stronger force but the Slayer blocked it. The slayer's eyes widened as he saw the sword now in half. Y/n soon hit her wooden sword in his shoulders and legs in an instant making him fall and collapse to the ground.

Y/n stepped back not even acknowledging the way the Slayer groaned in pain. "Am I ready to learn the next form?" Y/n said looking up at him. Y/n who was Kyojuro's future Tsugoku, when she was brought in 13 years ago he was happy to have someone new in his family. Senjuro was in his mother's stomach, at the time. Kyojuro was also 5 at the time already training with his father preparing to become the next Flame Hashira.

Kyojuro let out a loud laugh and said "No!" loudly. Y/n looked at him dumbfounded, how can he say no in such a positive way while smiling? Y/n sighed and went to his next activity which was learning how to dodge and block attacks. Since Y/n was going to become his Tsugoku she had more training time with him, once the other slayers were dismissed she would continue to train with Kyojuro.

The slayers were dismissed and Kyojuro followed her to the next activity. Inspecting what she needed to work on to get her prepared for the final selection.

Y/n ran into the woods attempting to dodge all the obstacles coming her way. A big log came her way along with knives 'He is trying to kill me.' Y/n thought eyes widening at the obstacles. Y/n jumped through the attacks flipping over the log and taking her sword out in midair blocking the knives with her sword.

Landing her flip she cheered "I did it!" She yelled to Kyojuro, but Kyojuro was just shaking his head at her and let out a laugh before stepping back. She was confused about why he was laughing until she looked down to see she landed on a trap. "Oh," Y/n mumbled.

The trap instantly tied around Y/n's ankle lifting her in the air, she was upside down in the air fuming angrily at how she could have easily avoided that trap. Y/n cut the trap landing on her feet and continued to run through the forest attempting to ignore the sound of laughter from the Flame Hashira.

Training with Kyojuro can be fun and deadly at the same time. Don't let that bright huge smile fool you into thinking you are gonna get easy training. The training he held was brutal and dangerous but that's what it takes to become a Demon Slayer.
Once she made it to the end, Kyojuro was there waiting for her in his usual pose, crossing his arms. "Now can I learn the ninth form?!" Y/n said running to him. Kyojuro smiled wider and nodded the final selection was a month away and deep down he was worried, but he knew Y/n was going to live. Despite her young age, she grew faster than others, even though she wasn't a part of The Demon Slayer Corps, she would beg Kyojuro to take her on missions, but he would always say "You need more practice! When you become a Demon Slayer you can!" That's what was pushing Y/n to do better. She wanted to fight beside him.

"Next month is the Final Selection. I know you are ready to become a Demon Slayer after this form. This form is called the Ninth Form: Rengoku. It is the strongest form so be prepared! After we are going to eat" Kyojuro said his booming voice making her hear loud and clear. Y/n nodded prepared for the worst but mainly prepared for the food.

-

"UMAI! UMAI! UMAI! UMAI!" Kyojuro yelled repeatedly eating sweet potatoes with Y/n. One of the good things about being Kyojuro Tsugoku is that he has a big appetite just like Y/n and if anyone walks by and sees them eating she can secretly push her six empty bowls of sweet potatoes to Kyojuro's side of the table pretending those were his.

Y/n and Kyojuro were talking at the table along with Senjuro thinking of what color blade Y/n was going to get. "I think red! Yes!" Y/n yelled. "No orange!" Senjuro attempted to say loudly but it came out soft. Y/n smiled and Kyojuro being the loudest one said "I think Orange as well!" "You're supposed to take my side, not his!!" Y/n said playfully punching him in the shoulder.

The three of them were just like siblings, Senjuro wasn't a talker but Y/n pushed him and encourage him to be more social. He was more social around the two of them but not very social around strangers.

The sun was soon setting and Kyojuro's crow came flying down giving him a mission. "CAW! Kyojuro Rengoku! Mission towards the East! Lower Rank Demon Slayers are fighting a powerful demon! Possibly a lower moon! CAW!" The crow yelled. Kyojuro nodded and turned to Senjuro and Y/n who had a worried faces. "It's possible it might be one of the twelve kizuki's. You might need help. I can help!" Y/n said.

"I'm a Hashira! It's all fine!" Kyojuro said with a loud laugh walking away. Y/n and Senjuro both looked at each other and sighed.

-

(GOODNIGHT! I have a dentist appointment to tighten my braces in like 6 hours and I haven't slept yet. Holy shit.) - 6/13/2021

I MISS HAVING MY BRACES MAN, they made my lips more plum LMAOO, and I liked how I looked when I smiled with them. - 1/22/23