•• Chapter 11 ••

Y/n looked down at the little girl crying and Tanjiro kneeled patting the girl's head. "You did a good job hanging in there. You too Kiyoshi. Come on, let's head outside. Climb onto my back" Tanjiro said. Y/n smiled at the kids before turning to the exit of the room, "Y/n, is your leg okay? I can smell the blood." Tanjiro asked as they were walking the hallway. "Oh, I'm fine. I don't feel it. " Y/n said making Tanjiro turn to look at her. She raised her pants seeing how there was no wound, "It must've not been my cut." Y/n motioned her hand to wave it off but he gave her one more look of reassurance and confusion.

He could've sworn that was her blood, it did smell different than others, but he thought it was supposedly this 'Marchi' blood the demons were talking about.

"Also, is your leg okay?" Tanjiro asked the boy on his back, "Yes," Kiyoshi answered making Tanjiro nod, "You just have to be brave a little longer. I smell Zenitsu and Shioichi. They must be outside. Both of them safe—" Tanjiro froze as he smelt blood from outside. Y/n walked ahead before stopping to look back at Tanjiro, giving him a serious look to not make the children alert which he understood once Kiyoshi asked what was wrong.

"Nothing. Let's hurry," he said giving a reassuring smile to the two, and Y/n went ahead running outside making them follow with her.

The four of them were close to the exit of the mansion, and the smell of blood from outside was getting stronger. The four of their eyes widened as Zenitsu was getting kicked by the boar man. The boar man stopped and scowled at Zenitsu not removing himself from the box.

"Tanjiro...I protected it. Because you said...this was more important to you...than your life." Zenitsu said. The boar man kicked Zenitsu again "After all that bluster, you won't even draw your sword?! If you're a fellow Demon Slayer, let's see you fight!" The boar man yelled.

Zenitsu fell back to the ground still hugging the box protecting it. Zenitsu on the ground holding the box reminded Tanjiro of Nezuko protecting their younger brother when he found them killed. He furrowed his eyebrows clenching his fist. "If you're not gonna fight get the hell out of my way!" The boar man yelled once again repeatedly kicking Zenitsu on the ground.

"Enough...if you won't get out of my way, I'll just have to skewer you along with that box! The boar man yelled raising his sword to stab Zenitsu."Stop!" Tanjiro yelled making the boar man face him confused "Huh?". Tanjiro dashed towards the boar man yelling, "Stop!!" raising his fist to punch the boar man.

Tanjiro punched the man in his stomach making his ribs crack. The boar man flew back dropping his swords. "He broke his bones!" Zenitsu yelled.

"Aren't you a member of the Demon Slayer Corps? A Demon Slayer Corps member is forbidden to raise their swords at others and only use it in combat." Y/n scolded as she hurriedly walked towards Zenitsu while the boar-man was on the ground, to check out his bruised face and bleeding neck.

"And yet here you are, giving him a one-sided beatdown! Is that fun for you? You're the lowest of the low!" Tanjiro yelled clenching his fist. The boar-masked coughed before laughing again. "Oh, so that's why? My bad. In that case, let's fight barehanded." the boar mask said still on the ground raising his head to look at Tanjiro. "No! I don't think you get it at all! First—" Tanjiro tried saying but the boar-masked man got up and leaped towards Tanjiro.

"We're not supposed to fight each other, period!" Tanjiro yelled raising his hands in defense and backing away. The boar mask didn't listen and attempted to kick Tanjiro but he backed away dodging the man's attack. The boar mask sent punches toward Tanjiro, but Tanjiro blocked them all not trying to fight him. "Fighting barehanded doesn't make it all right!" Tanjiro yelled. The boar mask attempted to uppercut Tanjiro but Tanjiro dodged it once again. "Listen to me!" Tanjiro yelled again. The boar mask jumped at Tanjiro and twirled around his body like crazy.