•• Chapter 5 ••

It's been nine days since Kanae's passing it already began snowing. Usually, Y/n would be happy during the snowy times but Y/n couldn't help but blame herself for Kanae's death. When she was out running in the forest trying to chase after the demon after it hurt Kanae but it was all a delusion. It was something else she was chasing, it was like a figure an ice figure she was chasing when she was in the woods.

If she would have been smarter than to follow that figure, there would have been a chance Kanae would have been still breathing. She would have been alive. Y/n was inside the Rengoku Estate, Kyojuro was sick of Y/n's sad aura around the house. He was patient with her of course, but this has gone on for too long. "Y/n, I understand you are sad, but you have to remember you cannot save everyone. As long as you tried that's all that matters. You can't always save everyone Y/n." Kyojuro said outside of Y/n's room.

Y/n was on her futon looking at the sliding door that showed Kyojuro's shadow due to the sun shining on the estate. Y/n sighed and still had her legs tucked in and her head resting on them.

"I'm coming in Y/n!" Kyojuro said, Y/n just stayed in her position and couldn't care less. Once Kyojuro came in the smell of old food and an unhygienic smell instantly hit his nose. He tried his best to ignore it and put on his usual big smile.
Y/n looked at him and frowned, "Y/n...you want to save others right? This is a part of it. You lose people, but those people wouldn't want you to suffer over their loss. They would want you to continue pushing and protecting the ones who are weaker than you. Kanae would want you to get stronger, her soul is watching Kocho-san and her loved ones. No matter who dies, or who you lose you continue pushing. That anger, that sadness you hold, turn it into power. Turn that power into growth." Kyojuro said looking down at Y/n.

Y/n's eyes slowly widened, he was right. She shouldn't be here crying, she should be outside training harder to avenge the death of others. To put an end to demons, to attempt to help people, and to move forward. Y/n slowly grew a small smile and nodded "You are right...I will train harder than before to avenge Kanae." Y/n said and went to hug Kyojuro. Kyojuro gladly returned the hug, his Tsugoku was upset he needed to be the one to cheer her up. He ignored the faint smell coming into the room and her, "Go freshen up to let go of what happened, and we will start training along with Senjuro." Kyojuro said still with a huge smile.

Y/n nodded once again and ran out of the room to freshen up. When she did Senjuro walked by and smiled at his brother for helping her get out of her sad state.

-

Kyojuro, Senjuro, and Y/n were all training. Y/n tried her best to help Senjuro but he would give up easily and doubt himself. "Keep trying Senjuro! You got this!" Y/n yelled, of course, Senjuro flushed red as he is still a shy person. That yelling did not encourage him it made him feel more pressured.

Y/n took notice as she examined the facial expressions he was making. "Can I try Kyojuro?" Y/n asked as she knew Senjuro wanted to stop. Senjuro quickly handed her the fake sword and said "I'm going to go cook dinner for us!" and ran back into the house. Y/n had a small smile and looked back at Kyojuro. "I'm going to teach you how to defend yourself properly. Not just your swordsman skills, but your physical skills." Kyojuro said with his usual pose, crossing his arms and looking right at Y/n.

Y/n instantly regrets trading places with Senjuro. She took a deep breath and put on a smile, "Let's get started then!" Y/n said confidently.

Y/n was on the ground, her body was slightly aching. It wasn't sword skills, it was more of you blocking it. She had to run up mountains up and down to gain more strength in her legs. And right after Kyojuro made her practice jumping onto trees. "You need to focus on what's in front of you, if you look at the floor the more anxious you get about falling or missing a step. Look forward and close your eyes, feel where your body takes you." Kyojuro said standing near her head and looking down at her.