•• Chapter 10 ••

The demon began to get angrier and repeatedly started to strike his drums, many attacks and flips occurred in the room. Y/n dodged each one leaping towards Tanjiro trying to get him to dodge the attacks as well.

When she reached Tanjiro she threw him across the mansion as the attack was coming his way. "Sorry!" she yelled as he hit the wall, "Begone! Begone! You damn insect! Rapid drumming!" The demon yelled raising his hands. Y/n eyes widened, and the demon started to hit his drums at inhuman speed making the room flip in many rotations, many attacks were being struck as well.

Y/n was flipping everywhere along with the burgundy-haired boy. 'I think I'm gonna throw up..' Y/n thought as before this mission she ate a lot. Y/n grabbed onto the boy and held him close so they both would split apart. Once the spins started to slow down Y/n landed with the boy in her arms.  His cheeks were burning red and he looked as if he saw a ghost. 'It's supposed to be the other way around!!' Tanjiro thought.

Papers flew out the chore and Y/n jumped through each empty spot while dodging all the attacks the demon was sent. She was careful to not land on the papers with the boy in her arms.
The demon froze for a bit making Y/n realize something. She took the time of the demon being distracted to ask the boy if he was okay.

"Are you okay?" Y/n asked quickly as she set him down, Tanjiro quickly nodded before pulling Y/n close to him as a claw attack came their way. Attacks were getting sent their way and Tanjiro and Y/n were quick to dodge all of them. "Flame Breathing First Form: Unknowing Fire!" Y/n dashes towards the demon with flames coming out of her sword, Fire went around as she swung her sword at the demon's neck.

"Your blood demon art was amazing," Y/n said as she sliced off the demon's neck at the same time. Blood scattered everywhere and Y/n stood up from her kneeled position.

She turned back at the demon's rolling head and twirled her sword in her hand making the blood fly off of it.

"Girl...answer me.." The demon spoke, Y/n placed her sword back in her baldric as she turned to face the demon. "You think my Blood Demon Art...was incredible?" he asked.

Y/n smiled sadly "It truly was, but you have killed
many people it's unforgivable.". The demon stayed silent as he was disintegrating, a sound of a "whoosh" was being heard and Y/n turned to the demon's body. It has a needle that was sucking its blood out, she turned to the boy who threw it and he bowed multiple times "Thank you for helping me defeat the demon.".

Y/n smiled wider "It's no problem! I'm glad I helped, but may I ask why you put that thing in the demon's body?" she said. Tanjiro smiled back "I'm using it to help me with something in the future.". Y/n just nodded.

"Meow!" A cat sound was made making both the teens face the noise. Y/n looked dumbfounded at the cat while Tanjiro spoke to it "So, you're the one who's going to deliver this to Miss Tamayo, huh? There, there. Thanks!" Tanjiro put the blood sample in the cat's backpack and sealed it "Now you're all set. All right, take care now!". The cat walked forward and then disappeared in thin ashes.

Y/n felt like she was losing her mind did she see that correctly? She was busy trying to figure out how the cat disappeared by staring at the spot it appeared from until a voice interrupted her thoughts. "Do you remember who I am...Y/n?" Tanjiro asked. Y/n turned to him and put her hand on her chin thinking, "hmm I feel like I've seen you but then I don't rem- oh now I remember!" Y/n said smiling but then she realized "...oh." her smile dropped.

"...Is your sister still alive?" Y/n asked. Tanjiro nodded hesitatingly before realizing the two kids he had to get. "I need to go search for the kids. Do you mind helping me find them?" Tanjiro asked. Y/n nodded with a smile as she felt the pain in her leg disappear now.

"Lead the way," Y/n said as they both began to run around the mansion. "Kiyoshi! Teruko!" Tanjiro yelled. Y/n followed behind and when Tanjiro slid open a sliding door multiple things were thrown at once with kids screaming.

A pan was thrown at Y/n and a book was thrown at Tanjiro, Y/n swiftly caught the pan, and Tanjiro was hit in the forehead by the book.

"Oh..." The little girl said stopping herself from throwing another thing. "Tanjiro-san..." the boy next to the little girl said.

"Why are you throwing things?" Tanjiro asked covering his forehead. Y/n covered her mouth setting the pot down trying not to let out a laugh. Y/n looked around the room spacing out from the kids and Tanjiro's conversation until a cry was heard making her snap out of it.