•• Chapter 6 ••

Y/n ran towards the Water Estate to already see Giyuu waiting outside. As Giyuu saw her walking toward him, he started to go in the direction where the mission was headed. "Tomioka-san! What's the mission about?" Y/n asked now walking beside him. Giyuu at first didn't answer as he stayed quiet looking ahead. Y/n continued to talk to him either way as she didn't want the mission to be awkward and silent.

"Do you want to me my sword? It's so nice! My swordsmith almost broke my arm because he didn't like it!" Y/n said still smiling. Giyuu gazed at her, how could she be smiling over that? Giyuu just nodded and continued to look ahead, Y/n unsheathed her sword, showing the long look-alike glass blade that had a flake on it, "The blade looks the opposite of your Flame breathing," Giyuu said looking at the blade and inspecting its rare features. "I've never seen one like it."

Y/n nodded proudly and said "That's what Senjuro said! Although my swordsmith got angry at the color. He said he wanted a bright red sword." Giyuu nodded, while Y/n put her sword back in the scabbard.

-

Y/n and Giyuu were both semi-running since it was past midnight, and the silence was uncomfortable. All you could hear was the crunching sound of footsteps in the snow and the breeze of the wind. Usually, Y/n would be the one to talk but she felt something wrong from another direction, which was up in the huge mountain. It wasn't where the mission was assigned so she figured another slayer could maybe go to that destination.

"I don't have a good feeling about this Tomioka-san," Y/n said as she started to put her hands near her sword. He was doing the same, Giyuu had good senses just not as well as Y/n, her abilities were enhanced for an unknown reason, almost like a non-human in a human body. 

Those sounds of footsteps weren't hers nor were they Giyuu's.
Giyuu looked at Y/n but immediately turned back around when a scream was heard. Y/n dashed toward the sound of the scream, it was in a house that looked broken into. Unsheathing her sword in the process Y/n, the broken window where the demon entered, Y/n jumped through it.

"Flame Breathing Third Form: Blazing Universe!" while Y/n jumped through the window she yelled the form making her sword light on fire and swung her blade at the demon's neck before it could bite one of the family members.

The Demon yelped as he didn't even notice the presence of the slayer, the family screamed as they thought another demon had entered the house. "Damn you!!" The demon yelled before fully fading away into ashes. Y/n still held her smile and turned to the family "I apologize for scaring you all" Y/n said and held her arm out making her crow fly through the broken window to her.

"Kaw! Wisteria! Wisteria!" The crow yelled, the mother of the family held her hand out as she was confused why the bird was just blinking and staring at her hand. Y/n extended her hand, and let the crow go near the mother's hand only for the bird to throw up on her hand but wisteria falling onto her hand in the process.

Y/n just held a smile while the bird jumped back onto his owners' shoulders. "Kaw! I'm gonna pack your children!" Y/n's eyes widened and she immediately apologized. "I'm sorry! He did not mean that! I have to get going stay safe and keep the Wisteria on you at all times!" Y/n said then disappeared out of their sight.

She ran back to Giyuu who was outside the house waiting. "I thought there would be more to it," Y/n said. Giyuu nodded as the sun was already rising but was blocked by the clouds. Y/n's ears soon rang hearing a faint yell of "Nezuko! Hang in there Nezuko!! Don't give in! You gotta hang in there!!" A boy's voice yelled. Y/n looked at the mountain and looked back at Giyuu "There are still demons around, one up in the mountain." Y/n said and started running up on the mountain as Giyuu did too.

Since Y/n knew about the demon first and sensed her presence first, she was ahead of Giyuu. She was leaping from tree to tree to gain more speed and heard the yelling closer.
"Don't turn into a demon! You gotta stay strong! Hang in there! Hang in there!!" The voice yelled louder.