Chapter 5: Operation

Conner's POV

Wally reported that he had found Max, the target in his class. When we got back to the cave, Kaldur had Robin call Batman. We just got to the mission room.

"Kid Flash." Batman said.

"Uh, she's in my class. Wearing a wig. Her full name is Maximum Dean, unless it's fake." He said.

"Mm." Batman said and stared at Wally for a moment.

The room got very uncomfortable as Batman thought, still staring at Wally.

"Tomorrow. You'll go to the school and continue the day per your teachers' instructions. However they will be altered slightly. I want everyone to do their best to find out as much as you can about the target. After school, you'll all report everything to me. I'll discuss it with the League and the next day, depending on how much information you get and the information itself, either the League or you will go to apprehend the target on her way to school. I'll see you all Thursday afternoon."

——–———Time Skip Caused By Lex Luthor———–——

I walked into my class with Megan. She smiled and we went to the back of the class and sat. I glared at the boy next to her again, he shuttered and turned away.

"Alright class, today we have a special event happening, sponsored by Bruce Wayne." Mrs. Linda said.

How many times is Batman going to hack into Wayne Enterprises? Megan asked through the mind link

I shrugged.

The door opened and out stepped a fancy man in an expensive looking suit. Some people in the class gasped quietly or had small breath intakes.

"This is Mr. Wayne. He had the great idea that this school should have a special event. So, pick one partner and you'll find out what it's all about!" She clapped and students immediately stood and paired up.

Megan and I stood next to each other. Once again, I glared at the guy next to Megan, who was about to speak to us. He turned away and partnered up with one of his friends.

"Okay, line up now, next to your partners and follow me." Mrs. Linda said.

We all lined up and followed Mrs. Linda across the school and into the cafeteria. Another class of students was sitting there and I spotted the stupid getup on Robin immediately.

Robin is here. I told Megan.

Do you know what's going on? Megan asked.

Whatever Batman meant when he told us our day would be altered slightly. I replied.

We sat down and more students filed in, among them I saw Wally and Artemis.

Soon all the students had sat down and the Wayne man began to speak.

"I had an idea that I wanted you all to be able to participate in. Today I gathered History, Sports, Mathematics, and Sciences. Tomorrow English, Spanish, and Musics. I've had every class get partnered up. You'll all be participating in one assignment, relating to the subjects all of you are currently working on." He said and I was slightly intrigued.

A man stepped up and spoke.

"Some of you may know me and some may not. My name is Barry Allen. I used to be a science major and now I work with the police as a forensic scientist to find clues to the criminals who hurt my city. Today, you'll be helping me, with a case." He said.