Chapter 10: Accusation

Cheshire's POV

I woke up in the League of Shadows. I was angry that I failed the mission and was unable to capture the girl. Though I'm unsure how I wasn't captured. Maybe Grundy or Count Vertigo got away and took me with them. But that seems unlikely.

I opened the door and walked to Ras Al Ghul's quarters.

"Ah, I was wondering when you would be awake." He said and turned from the balcony to face me.

"I'm sure you are wondering what happened after you were unconscious." He stated.

I nodded.

"While you were fighting, we had another team deployed, once they got there, Kid Flash, Artemis, Robin, and Miss. Martian were already unconscious. Superboy was injured and the explosion we caused from entry already had crippled Aqualad. There wasn't much to deal with, once we dropped knock out gas into their bioship and took out the Atlantian, we were done. So, overall you did very well." He said.

"Luthor is very please with the results. He'll deal with the children as he pleases, unless they serve him no use. Like Robin and Artemis, once we get a mindreader, we'll take Justice League secrets about their mentors from them and then give them up to the highest bidder. Which from what I heard was Joker and Sportsmaster."

My heart panged at the though of my father murdering my sister. She might be my enemy, but I would never kill her. Ever. She can't die. I didn't mean for her to get caught. I was just going to knock her out and take the target. This wasn't how I planned the mission. This is much worse.

"That is very good news." I smiled proudly.

"Indeed. Now we will have a way to take out most of the main Justice League members." He said, before turning back around.

I turned and walked towards the door, trying to think a way around my schedule so that I could do something for Artemis.

"Oh, and please, take the day off. I don't want the assassins to see one of my best limping." He said.

Perfect. I walked to my room and grabbed my to go bag. I headed for the closest city. Once I was a good distance away, I pulled my hood up and made a call.

"Hello? Who is this?" The receiver asked.

"This is Cheshire. We have work to do." I answered.

"Why would you think I'd work for you?" Roy asked.

"Because, Roy, I need your help."

Roy's POV

Cheshire might have been a villain, but it's extremely hard to not admire her when she's kicking a man in the face. Especially a man who was willing to let her through the door, before I popped up.

She had called me and told me the situation. Of course, I already knew Artemis was her sister, we figured as much when Artemis admitted it to the League before the team went off the fight the Light.

But Cheshire calling me to help her save Artemis and willing to help the rest of the team, that, that I wasn't expecting.

She opened the door and climbed into the elevator, I stepped in. She pulled off a panel under the buttons and pressed sublevel 13. Apparently Luthor hide stuff like that. Interesting.

"Luthor has lots of security. You better be ready as soon as the door begin to open." She told me. Again.

We already went over the whole plan, but she keeps telling me parts of it when it comes time. I'm not saying anything back though, because I'm pretty sure she's not saying it for my benefit. I think she's terrified.