i

• third person •

"NOOOO HAHAHAHA THE POOR THING," echoed the guffaw of a young woman across the small tavern.

"Mhm~ It was trying so hard... the poor thing..."

"PLEASE," (Y/N) choked on her breath, tears streaming from her face as her hand slammed continuously against her chest as if she had gotten liquid in her lungs. "Did you hear that?! The hilichurl- in the water- FFF-" And she burst into laughter once again.

"She's wasted," Kaeya sighed to the man behind the wooden counter.

"Nothing new."

A small chuckle escaped Kaeya's lips, his blue, unhidden eye sparkling. "You gonna kick us out again?"

"Yes. Leave."

The what-seemed-to-be-permanent smirk on Kaeya's face didn't falter once. (Y/N) didn't pay attention one bit when there was a pat on her thigh. She was still losing it over a poor hilichurl trying to dig up a slime from the sea.

"(Y/N)~ Time to go home!" Kaeya sang. He leapt off his stool, and immediately began counting.

Three, two... one.

"But-!"

"Shhh. Master Diluc will get angry," he whispered menacingly. "Come on now."

(Y/N) dragged herself off the high wooden stool, Kaeya instantly there to catch her when she stumbled into his arms. "We always get kicked out!!" she whined. "Every single daayyy!"

"At least we get to go back the next day, right? Don't be so whiny, okay?"

Kaeya was just lucky she hadn't vomited yet.

His right arm slithered beneath hers, while he clutched her left hand that rested over his shoulder.

"Let's get you home."

Stars shimmered above them, the night sky an abyss full of undiscovered wonders. The streets were at peace: no rowdy customers, or children playing, or stray pets. The wind rushed through their hair, the only noise to break the silence being... (Y/N)'s snores.

Kaeya was used to this. It happened almost everyday after all. He was surprised they weren't banned from the tavern yet.

No...

Kaeya giggled to himself.

No, he wasn't surprised at all.

It was Diluc, after all. Kaeya knew his brother best.

With a small grunt, Kaeya released (Y/N) with one of his hands, the other grasping the sleeping lady's figure against his side. He had practically dragged her across the ground since they left the tavern; she had passed out the moment they stepped out.

He rummaged through his pocket, eventually coming upon the jingly thing he'd been looking for. His pearly whites sparkled once he chucked the keys up and caught them not even a second later, before sticking them into the wooden door before them. It unlocked with a click.

"Ladies first," he snickered to himself.

Kaeya stepped inside the house, practically dragging the girl in behind him.

It was a cosy house – two stories – and just enough space for one person. (Y/N) could most likely afford a bigger house, but she preferred this one for some reason.

"Alright," Kaeya muttered to himself as she was placed onto the hardwood stairs. Just like any other day, he pulled off her knee-high boots and unequipped any weapons or uncomfortable items she had on her, placing them in a small pile right before the front door.