xi

• third person •

"The traveller is heading to Liyue. (Y/N) and the Ragnvindr will be with her. It will work out."

"So..."

"Do what you need. Get close to that traveller, that is all. Getting rid of that man will be a piece of cake then."

"Ohoho... they're running?" a certain ginger-haired man chuckled to himself. "Interesting."

His blue eyes widened slightly upon noticing the Millelith, who seemed to be chasing her.

"Guess I'll go help."

Moments passed. Water splashed between the guards, and the traveller and her partner.

"Hey girlie, hold still."

• • •

The sharp tip of her sword came piercing through the wall. In the spur of the moment her fingers held his weak strands of hair hostage against the wall. Diluc grunted quietly.

"Gotcha," (Y/N) smirked.

Without warning, Diluc slipped his sword beneath her arms that pinned him, slashing right towards her face. (Y/N) yelped, jumping back. Her feet stumbled backwards in surprise, tripping over each other until her butt slammed onto the ground.

Diluc showed no mercy. Even if she was without her sword, using a claymore needed quick thinking, especially with its weight. Diluc wanted to see what she would do in this situation.

He towered over her sitting figure, watching her shuffle backwards with each slash of the sword.

Diluc's eyes widened as he felt a hand wrap tightly around his ankle.

All of a sudden, Diluc was pulled to the ground. He winced as his back made contact with the wooden floor.

However, he still had a firm grip on his blade.

(Y/N) climbed over him in attempt to immobilise him. She reached towards his hands in attempt to pin him down.

His spare hand suddenly disappeared. A warmth met her waist. Suddenly Diluc was on top of her.

The sword in his hands glistened in the sunlight that leaked in through the windows, running right before her neck. Diluc adjusted his weight onto his knees so as to not crush her, though (Y/N) still winced from the impact, unable to dodge in time.

Diluc fell forward slightly, his sword at (Y/N)'s throat. Once again, she'd been defeated.

"Ugh..."

Diluc removed the sword, shuffling off her. (Y/N) sat up.

"Are you hurt? Let's take a break."

(Y/N) ran a hand through her hair, looking away as Diluc checked her for any injuries. "I'm fine," she said quietly.

Diluc's head raised, his eyes directly meeting hers.

(Y/N) looked away in silence.

"What's wrong?"