ii

• third person •

"Ugh, fuck."

One hand gripped the kitchen counter, while the other her head.

(Y/N) fumbled around the few wooden cupboards, desperately searching for her hangover pills. Her fingers tugged at her hair.

"What do I need to do today..." she muttered, downing a glass of water with the pills she'd finally found.

(Y/N) trudged into the living room, her hand still clutching her forehead as she sifted through the clutter of papers on her dining table. "The outskirts of Mondstadt? Seriously?"

A loud groan erupted from her.

"Man, I can't be arsed."

Dumping the papers back down, (Y/N) left the small room, proceeding to get ready for the day. Of course, she was going to attend to her duties anyway. She was a trusted knight after all. Her captain – Kaeya – would be disappointed in her if she didn't do it too.

"I wish he'd wake me up so I can get ready for bed instead of letting me sleep in normal clothes," (Y/N) complained to no one. She dumped them into her washing basket (they were slightly stained with blood anyway) and proceeded to pull out an identical outfit from her wardrobe.

It consisted mainly of yellows and dark blues, like a night sky, with twinkling rose gold stars to finish. (Y/N) grinned. The colour yellow made her happy.

As she clipped on her metal shoulder piece, (Y/N) wondered aloud, "Do you think Kaeya would recognise me if I had my hood up?"

No... (Y/N) snickered. She couldn't do that. Beating up a few hilichurls was fun anyway.

As soon as she was ready, (Y/N) skipped towards the door (the headache was still there but she couldn't be bothered to pay attention to it anymore), grabbing her bow and arrows from the floor she knew Kaeya had left them.

"Let's go!!"

"Oh."

Well the situation was exactly what had been stated on the papers. (Y/N) probably should've hurried here, but it was too late to think about that now.

"You guys, run now! Let the Knights of Favonius take it from here!" (Y/N) yelled towards the adventurers being attacked. Her bow was already in hand. "Run!"

The hilichurls had caught her attention. Hehe, good for them. The adventurers were thankfully already out of sight.

A smirk tugged on her lips the moment the creatures began running up to her from the hill she stood upon.

She tugged her arrow back.

Fire. No, actual fire.

A red one?!

"You sneaky little-"

(Y/N) leapt off the ground just before the red hilichurl could wack her backside with a burning bat. Her wind glider flung out behind her, her aim already exact.

(Y/N)'s aim was no joke.

The hilichurl was sent flying backwards, an arrow embedded in its chest.

"One down, two to- oh fuck."

A mitachurl.

"No it's okay. I can do this," (Y/N) told herself. "I can- AH!"