xvi

• third person •

"Did you purposely reveal all that to me? I'd rather not have known, especially without her permission."

Diluc sighed quietly, bending down. He returned a wine glass back to its place in the cupboards, before standing once again.

"I'd honestly forgotten you were there," he murmured. "Although, you did push me out."

Kaeya chuckled. "It's not my fault you were making all that noise. Someone had to take one for the team."

Diluc was silent. Kaeya sipped his wine glass with a smirk.

"Well? Do you still trust her? Is she a knight to you? A Snezhnayan? An undercover Fatui?"

Kaeya could feel the passive aggressiveness in Diluc's cleaning. He'd grabbed the bottle near Kaeya, rapidly putting it away before he could even pour himself another glass.

"She's (Y/N)."

Kaeya leant further into his hand. "Of course. And your relationship with her is..?"

Diluc turned away, hiding his face. "Don't poke your nose into things that don't concern you." Kaeya could see his red ears.

"Oh... such a doting older brother. I wish you luck. I never thought I'd end up with a sister-in-l-"

"Shut it." Diluc hid his face in his hands. "Don't say any more."

"Hmm... do you think... If she becomes part of the family... I should give her extra pay..? What if you steal all her mon-"

Kaeya gasped, instantly freezing the alcohol in his glass. If he were a second later, the tavern may well have been in flames by now.

"Alcohol is very flammable, Diluc. You should know better."

Diluc glared at the alcohol cabinets. His high ponytail was slipping.

"We're closed. Personally, I believe you, my 'brother', doesn't deserve any special treatment, so I suggest you leave."

"But will you tell her to leave?"

Abruptly, Diluc span around. A gentle breeze ran through his hair.

His face reddened immediately.

"Oh (Y/N)!" Kaeya slapped his thighs. "What great timing! We were just talking about life as my sist- mmph!!"

"Your... what..?"

(Y/N) couldn't even assess the scene before her. Kaeya was struggling in Diluc's grasp, and Diluc was practically death-gripping Kaeya's mouth over the counter.

"What're you doing here? I'll be home soon." Diluc's gaze softened. His grip didn't though.

Kaeya's eyes widened, though soon (Y/N) could see the smirk in his gaze.

She stepped into the empty tavern, shutting the door slowly behind her.

She folded her arms. "What, were you guys talking about me? That's not so nice."

She strode towards them, reaching out for Diluc's face. His grip on Kaeya loosened in surprise.

Diluc's eyes narrowed, his face warming further as (Y/N)'s lips met his nose. Instantly, Kaeya pouted, yanking off Diluc's hand.

"Where's my kiss?" he whined.

(Y/N) moved back, folding her arms. "Your brother can give you one."

"I'm not doing that." Diluc pulled a look of disgust.

"Really?" (Y/N) smiled. "How about I make out with Kaeya right now then?"