xxxiii

• third person •

Sprinkles of water sparkled against the soil of the flower pot. Gentle fingers delicately stroked the flower petals, their tender blue glow reflecting against his pale fingertips.

It had been a while since Diluc last left the mansion for anything other than his Darknight duties. Elzer had apologised to Charles on Diluc's behalf in terms of the tavern.

Perhaps it was time to go back and see how everyone was doing.

It had only been a week. Only been a week since he last...

Since he last saw her.

He wondered if she had been thinking about him as much as he had of her. Then again, he wouldn't be mad if she wasn't. It was what he deserved.

Diluc stood straight, placing the small watering can down. He stared at the glowing lamp grass in the darkness of his bedroom. He'd asked for it to be put there recently. He was too late to get those plants around the house in time.

Diluc just knew that if he were to bump into (Y/N) anytime today, he'd do his best to avoid her.

He was sure that was what she wanted. Of course, not what he wanted, but if it made her even a little more comfortable, then that was all that mattered to him.

He'd treated her like dirt. He was prepared to be treated the same. All he wanted now was for her to be happy, even if it wasn't with him.

Diluc left his room, almost immediately walking head-first into a maid. He jumped back, his eyes wide.

"Ah! Sorry- Sorry Master Diluc! I was just- just bringing your medicine!"

"It's alright," he replied with a soft sigh. "I've told you all I feel better now. There's no need for the medicine anymore. But thank you."

"Ah, okay!" The maid bowed. "Sorry Master Diluc!"

"No need to apologise. Be on your way."

"Yes Master Diluc!"

The maid scurried away. Diluc simply smiled to himself.

He stepped downstairs, instantly greeted by Elzer.

"You're heading out, Master Diluc? It's earlier than usual."

Diluc nodded. "I'm headed to the tavern."

Elzer could tell by his attire. Specifically the loss of his jacket and of course, the high ponytail.

"Take care then, Master Diluc. I'm glad you feel well now. Be sure not to catch a cold."

"Thank you, Elzer. I leave the winery to you."

Elzer nodded. He watched, quietly waving as the Master left, before continuing on with his work.

It wasn't long until Diluc bumped into someone familiar on his way. His eyebrows raised.

"Look, it's Master Diluc! We haven't seen him ages!"

"Master Diluc."

"Good evening," he said with wide eyes.

A certain traveller and her fairy approached him, menacing grins on their lips. He blinked cluelessly.

"How have you been? I suppose your team is more secure now. Has your journey been well? I've heard rumours of you headed to Inazuma."

Lumine held her hips. Paimon copied.

"We've already been!" Paimon exclaimed. "Haven't you heard?"

Diluc was silent.

"We managed to get the Vision Hunt Decree abolished! Even people in Mondstadt have been chattering about it! Do you live under a rock?"