5

Tubbo is a monster.

He's a tyrant.

He's a traitor.

He's a murderer.

He's gone.

For your own sake, believe it.

Otherwise you'll never make it through tomorrow.

Tommy paced the floor of his hidden racoon's den, or "Dnret." He kept repeating these negative thoughts about Tubbo, trying to convince himself he'd chosen the right side.

But there was one image he couldn't shake from his mind: Tubbo when Tommy told him that he was worth less than the discs.

He'd looked so small.

So hurt.

He could've been any normal high school kid, determined not to let the school bully see them cry.

It made Tommy feel guilty, as if he was in the wrong.

Was he?

He couldn't be.

Tubbo was the villain, not him.

And so his thoughts cycled on and on, until it was well past midnight.

Sounds of a voice speaking upstairs interrupted his thoughts. And not Techno or Phil, or even Ranboo, who visited from time to time.

It was odd timing for a visit, too. It had to be at least one in the morning.

So who— ?

Tommy froze as realization hit. Only one person would visit Technoblade's cabin, whether they wanted to speak with him or Techno.

And that person had his discs.

Now that Tommy had thought it, he definitely recognized the voice as Dream's. "Techno, do you remember what I told you about the story of Theseus?" Dream was saying.

"Yup. I also remember telling you to stop intruding in my house. Just because you're homeless—"

"I have a house!"

"Sure you do. Anyway, I meant it. Not to be rude, but... if you'd just get out I'd really appreciate it."

"Look, Techno," Dream began. "I know Tommy's here. You know that I know. I want you to pass on a message. A friendly message."

"Fine. What?"

"Tell him the truth. Tell him that you owe me a favor. Tell him that he'll never be safe, no matter where he runs."

"That doesn't sound very friendly to me, but okay. Now... the door's over there."

"I'll see you soon, Techno."

"Sure, but wait to be invited in next time." Techno didn't wait for a response. "Have a great night out in the wilderness with your cardboard box, or whatever you have. Bye!"

The sound of a door slamming echoed through the cabin.

Moments later, Techno clambered down the ladder into Dnret.

"I assume you heard all of that?" Techno got straight to the point.

"I did. What's all this about a favor? Because it sounds like you've been lying to me, and I don't like liars." Liars like Tubbo.

"I didn't exactly lie to you. I just... withheld information. Basically, I owe Dream my life. He saved me from execution."

"From Tubbo. This is Tubbo's fault." Again.

"Yeah, pretty much, yep. Anyway. I figured you'd be awake, and I thought I might as well come clean." Techno turned and started to ascend up the ladder, but paused beneath the trapdoor. "And... I'm sorry about Tubbo."