11

A week later, Tommy and Techno put on heavily enchanted netherite armor and headed off to the coordinates Dream had written for them.

Phil had only waved them goodbye, giving Techno a look and some kind of special salute. Tommy didn't understand, but Techno had smiled. What Tommy didn't know was that the salute Phil had given Techno was the salute of the Antarctic Empire.

Ranboo had hugged Tommy and told him to come back alive. He didn't hug Techno, knowing that Techno didn't like contact, but instead just smiled and wished him good luck.

The coordinates were a long boat trip and a climb up a mountainside away, but once they reached the top of the mountain and Tommy saw the two figures waiting for them, all his exhaustion fell away.

Dream.

And Tubbo.

Dream just watched them with a pleasant smile fixed on his face. Tubbo's bangs concealed his eyes, and his mouth was set in a grim line.

"All right, Dream," Tommy growled, unsheathing his sword. "Give me the discs."

"Hey," Tubbo protested. "I'm here too!"

Techno, Tommy, and Dream all ignored him.

Dream tilted his head. "We'll get to that, Tommy, I promise. But first... I have something I want to show you."

"What?" Tommy snarled in response.

Dream smirked. "This." He took out some obsidian blocks and built a short tower before climbing it and setting something down on top of it. A jukebox.

Tommy's vision clouded red as Dream started playing a disc on it.

His disc.

Techno moved first, effortlessly flipping up the side of the tower and swinging his sword at Dream. Their masked enemy dodged and jumped off the tower, landing in a tuck and roll. Techno followed suit, the two of them whirling around the mountaintop in a deadly dance of blades and blood.

Tommy started to place blocks to climb up the obsidian tower to grab the disc— it was right there, right there. So close.

An arrow hit the obsidian right next to his shoulder.

Tommy jerked away and whipped around to see Tubbo lowering his bow.

"Did you forget about me again, big man?" Tubbo asked, smiling in a maddeningly aww-farming way.

"It's not too late, Tubbo. Turn back. You don't want this."

Tubbo shrugged. "It's not about what I want, is it? It never was. It's always about you. Your discs, yourself, you, you, you. But then, the discs are worth more than I ever was, remember?"

"Don't try and guilt me! You. Betrayed. Me!"

"Don't be mean, big man."

Before he even knew what he was doing, Tommy drew a dagger and whipped it at Tubbo's shoulder.

It struck exactly where he wanted, and Tommy watched as Tubbo froze, turning to study his shoulder without so much as a flinch of pain. He gripped the dagger's hilt and pulled it out to study the blade.

Without warning, he sent it flying right back towards Tommy, who barely managed to deflect with his sword.

Tommy jumped down and held his sword in battle position. "Let's fight, then. And never call me 'big man' again."

Tubbo tilted his head and gave Tommy the kind of crawling, creepy smile that gave one chills. "Whatever you say." He paused, then added, "Big man."