Chapter 2

Chris left early that morning for set, I was left home with Dad. Dad came in at around 8 am,

"Rise and shine Lexie. You have school today." I grumbled and rolled out of bed, I hated going to school, I much preferred being on set with Chris. I jumped in the shower and finished doing normal things to get ready for school. When I went downstairs, Dad was sitting at the table, that wasn't normal. 

God, he wasn't ready to date. He wasn't over Jen.

"You okay Dad? You're normally gone before I leave." Dad nodded,

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking about your mom again." I sighed,

"Dad. It's been almost twelve(12) years since Jen died, I don't remember her I was too young. Yeah I know having your wife die from suicide sucks but look at the positives you got me and Chris and you get to do what you love now." I hated talking about Jen, it made me feel I don't know how to describe it, I guess sour.

I was two when my mom took her life. I don't remember much, I mean I was two. I remember when dad sold the house and moving from apartment to apartment. I remember when I was seven, my class had to make something for our moms for Mother's day, I made it but never gave it to Dad or Jen.

"Lex you won't get it till your older but when you lose someone you love you never get over it. Now you're going to miss the bus." I left the house and climbed onto the school bus, my phone buzzed,

Have a good day at school Lexie

I'll try Chris

Love you <3

Love you too Chris <3

Texting Chris always made me feel better, if only for a few minutes.