You need to leave

Brooklyn sat outside her car. Two years of marriage to Callum. Brooklyn had spent a long time preparing to marry Callum. It was always the plan. She was engaged to him. Brooklyn grabbed her clutch from the seat next to her and opened the door. She looked over to Ryder's car sitting in the driveway. Brooklyn took a deep breath and let out a soft sigh, this was going to go bad. 

As she walked inside, Brooklyn found Ryder sitting at the kitchen table with a box of pizza. 

"I brought dinner, I didn't realise you had other plans" he muttered. The tension in the room was high and neither one of them really knew what to say. 

"Callum took me out for dinner to catch up" she shrugged. Brooklyn knew that mentioning the offer to Ryder now would cause too much hurt, he would think she was doing it to get back at him for lying. She took a deep breath and muttered the following words. 

"Why did you lie to me?" Brooklyn asked. Ryder's face remained on the box of pizza. 

"Look at me" she demanded. Ryder lifted his face. His blue eyes were filled with only pain and sadness. 

"I wanted her to replace you" he sighed. 

"You wanted her to replace me?" she asked. Brooklyn stood back, hurt. 

"I was so hurt, I just wanted it to end, Gabby was here and she made it hurt a little less" Ryder explained. 

"She fell in love with you didn't she?" Brooklyn asked. Ryder just nodded. 

"Do you still have feelings for her?" Brooklyn asked. Ryder just looked at her. His glance just made her gasp for air like it had winded her. 

"It's not the same but yes there are still some feelings there" he explained almost trying to reason with her. 

"You still have feelings for her and you didn't tell me you slept with her!" Brooklyn exclaimed. 

"I thought it was best, it was just going to hurt you!" Ryder sighed standing from the table and walking towards her. 

"I don't feel great right now" Brooklyn muttered taking another step back from him. 

"You need to leave" Brooklyn whispered, Ryder could barely make out her voice. 

"Don't push me away!" he argued grabbing her hand and pulling her into him. She placed her hand on his chest and they stood there for only a minute. She breathed in his after shave and a tear fell to her cheek. 

"You need to leave" she whispered one more time. She took a step back and turned to leave. Brooklyn walked her way to the front door and opened it. She continued to stare down at her feet, her freshly done pedicure became all so interesting. Ryder didn't say anything, he walked past her in silence and let out a slight breathe as he reached the door. 

"I'm sorry B" he whispered, she closed the door and locked it. She leaned against the door and listened to the rumble of his car, the wheels spun on the asphalt driveway and the cars growl died down as he drove further and further away. Brooklyn wiped the tears from her cheeks and made her way upstairs. Brooklyn slipped out of her dress and heals and crawled into her empty bed. She found herself staring at the empty side of her bed and another tear slipped down her cheek. All Brooklyn could think about was Gabby and Ryder and Ryder and Gabby. It was going to be a long night. 

Ryder pulled into his driveway, the one story cottage's front porch light sat on. The yellow glow lit the front yard. A small patch of grass an old swinging chair sat on the old porch. The bright red front door brightened the yard. Ryder moved his way into the house. The big front door squeaked open, the floor boards squeaked as Ryder made his way through the house. He opened the door to his bedroom, a simple queen bed sat across the room. An old dresser sat across from the bed. A single photo frame sat on his bedside dresser next to his lamp. The modern white frame glowed in the dark room. Ryder turned on his lamp and took a seat on the bed, slipping off his shoes. His attention turned to the frame. There stood a photo of Ryder and Brooklyn at her first Grand Prix. Brooklyn's mother had given it to Ryder their first Christmas together after Brooklyn had moved to London. He never put it away, it had stayed there since he received it. He slipped down into his boxers and crawled into bed.