"How would you like to get married?"

Brooklyn pulled into the only Italian restaurant on the island. It wasn't hard to figure out which out of the two restaurants in town Callum would've chosen. Italian was always his favourite. The restaurant had a few tables dimmed by hanging fairy lights above. Candles were spread out among the tables. 
"Do you have a reservation?" The hostess asked kindly wearing an all black dress with black pumps. Her brown curls were pulled back in a pony tail. 
"I'm meeting someone" Brooklyn responded looking around the restaurant for Callum. 
"Follow me" she smiled leading Brooklyn through the crowded restaurant and into a private room. The room was filled with candles lit, a string of fairy lights hanging above and there sat Callum looking her up and down with a sly smile. 
"Wow" he gasped. 
"The menu is on the table" the hostess smiled before leaving the room. Callum got out of his chair and walked towards her, taking her hand in his and giving it a kiss. 
"Don't do that" she rolled her eyes at him moving around him and taking a seat across the table from where he sat. Callum shrugged off the rejection and moved back to his seat. 
"Don't do what?" he asked. 
"Don't act like we're anything more" Brooklyn mumbled. 
"No I got the hint when you left me" he said looking down at the menu. 
"Neither one of us wanted to get married, you know that!" Brooklyn argued. 
"I didn't want to spend a year and a lot of money paying for a wedding neither one of us wanted but I was happy to do it for you" he explained. "I didn't want a wedding but marrying you, I couldn't complain" he shrugged. 
"You were working all the time" Brooklyn mumbled. 
"We were both always working" Callum corrected her. 
"We were end game, you were meant to be my happily ever after and then you left" he sighed taking a sip of water. 
"That's not what happened!" Brooklyn argued. 
"I don't want to argue Brooklyn, just forget it" Callum mumbled. The two spent the rest of the night barely speaking. 

Brooklyn grabbed her purse after she had finished. The waitress brought the check to the table. "Don't even think about it" Callum glared at her as he pulled out his wallet and placed his card in the check book. 
"Thank you for dinner Callum" Brooklyn smiled. 
"I'm not going to lie, I didn't just take you to dinner to catch up, there's something I need to ask" he started. Callum reached across the table and took her hand in his. 
"What is it?" Brooklyn asked her eyebrow raising as she looked at him a little worried. 
"How would you like to get married?" Callum asked. 
"You're joking right?" Brooklyn asked. 

Callum began to explain why he needed to be wed. After Callum's father was arrested for the attempted murder of his son, their families wealth soon disappeared. Callum's father soon died in prison without the money to pay people in the jail to protect himself he was killed brutally. Callum received a letter a few weeks ago from his fathers lawyer. There was a safe in Monto Carlo, filled with cash. $500 Million dollars worth of cash. But the catch was Callum had to be married for 2 years to receive the money without a prenup.  
"So you want me to marry you for two years?" Brooklyn asked. 
"Brooklyn you saw what my mother went through, this could fix everything" Callum explained. 
"Callum I want to help you, I do but Ryder..." Brooklyn sighed.
"Just think about it, I need someone I can trust to do this" Callum sighed. The two left the restaurant. 
"I have to talk to Ryder" Brooklyn said hugging Callum a goodbye and getting in her car.