That's not fair

After finishing at the stables, Brooklyn was told to get home and get changed into warm clothes by Ryder. He didn't say anything other then that. After she begged him to let her know what was happening he quietly refused beginning to ignore her as if she wasn't even there.
"Come on! Just give me a hint!" She begged. He stayed silent continuing his paperwork that sat on his desk.
"Just a small hint?" She asked laying a kiss on his cheek.
"Brooklyn go home!" He ordered her before smiling at her and laying a soft kiss on her lips.
"Please?" He asked. She quickly gave in when he gave her that smile.

Brooklyn showered and pulled on black ripped skinny jeans, a white sweater and white Air Force ones

"You look cute" her mother greeted her before she quickly rushed out the door, heading back to Elliot's for the night. After brushing her hair down and brushing her teeth. Brooklyn hurried to the door when she heard a knock.
"Is this warm enough?" She asked Ryder. Who was dressed in black hoodie, black bomber jacket with with black jeans and black high Tops.
"Are we robbing a bank?" She asked with his all black outfit.
"My warmest clothes just happen to be black, don't judge" he shrugged.
"Now can you tell me where we're going?" Brooklyn asked as they stepped into Ryder's SUV.
"Nope" he said popping the 'p' sound.

After a 30 minute drive, Brooklyn was completely lost.
"Where are we?" She asked as they pulled into a forest area.
"I found this place riding one day" he started.
"The day you left" he added. They shared a glance but nothing was said.
"I've wanted to bring you here ever since I found it" he explained. Ryder stopped the car and jumped out heading to the boot and pulling out a basket and three blankets.
"Come on" he called standing outside of Brooklyn's car door. She opened the door and her teeth began to chatter in the cold.
"Come on you sook!" He joked. Brooklyn responded by poking her tongue out at him which he responded with a chuckle. The two trekked through trees and bushes following the sound of water. Ryder began to set the blankets up as Brooklyn had all her attention caught on a branch further back.
"I swear I just walked through a spider web!" She squealed.
Brooklyn turned around to face a waterfall, it wasn't huge or loud. It was small around 9ft high and quiet as the water trickled down.
"Ryder!" She gasped.
"It's perfect" she said softly looking at the clear water that shared her reflection. The reflection begun to change as Ryder rested his head on her shoulder and looked down at the water.
"Us" he said softly taking her hand in his. They sat on a large picnic blanket with two other blankets covering their laps. They ate, drank and laughed. When Brooklyn thought about memories she never wanted to forget, this was one of them.

"Is there any way of asking you to stay?" Ryder asked. As the conversation died down and they both looked on to the view.
"That's not fair" Brooklyn mumbled.
"I asked you to stay 5 years ago and we still found our way back to each other, what other proof do you need that this is where we belong, you and me!" he explained.
"This is only my second day back, can we just give it some time?" Brooklyn asked.
"I'm not going to give you everything if you're just going to leave again!" Ryder argued.
"Then don't" she sighed getting up.
"Stop running away!" he yelled.
"What don't you get? I never ran away! I chose to leave! I chose to leave you!" she snapped. The two stopped and looked at each other for a moment. Ryder began to pack everything away.
"I didn't mean that" she stuttered.
"Yeah you did" he sighed.
"You pushed me in a corner don't be surprised when I bite back!" she defended.
"I'm not promising anything Ryder" Brooklyn started she took a step towards him and took his hand in hers.
"But I promise you that this summer is about you and me" she promised looking into his beautiful brown eyes.
He gave a small smile and nodded.
"Okay" he said quietly looking down at their hands.