Keeping busy

Maura taken several days off so she could spend time with me and support me while Internal Affairs was going through all the evidence that had they supposedly proved she accepted a bribe and had a witness that wouldn't be revealed to anyone until their decision was made if she got to keep her job or if her policy career was terminated.

Jane and I woke up had  a continental breakfast and decided to take a road trip and to a Bed and Breakfast in Vermont. Vermont was known for their syrup and Jane loved pancakes and waffles.  Jane told her family that she was going away with Maura for several days and they wouldn't have any contact with no one until they returned.  Frankie told her if he found anything out the verdict while she was gone, he would leave a voice mail for her.

Maura and I were both to get away from Boston.  Maura agreed we take my jeep because of the terrain. My jeep cherokee was 4x4 if needed.  We packed Maura her expensive sheets and made sure we had enough water, blankets and a tool box just in case we had car problems.
Jane drove and I was in charge of the music. Jane and I sang several tunes we knew and stopped midway for lunch to stretch our legs.
Maura had made the reservation at a more modern bed and breakfast Inn.
Made INN Vermont, an Urban-Chic Boutique Bed and Breakfast.   I had no clue what the accommodations would be.
We ate clam chowder along with a half cranberry turkey sandwich with coffee.

We arrived at the Inn. I chuckled when I saw our accomodations.
Property amenities.

Free parking
Free High Speed Internet (WiFi)
Hot tub
Sauna
Free breakfast
Bicycle rental
Boating
Babysitting services

Room features:
Soundproof rooms
Air purifier
Air conditioning
Desk
Coffee / tea maker
Cable / satellite TV
Extra long beds
Walk-in shower

We unpacked and Jane remade the bed with her own bedding. We changed into some hiking shoes, thermals, denim jeans and our parka coats, beannies and gloves.  We were still in winter time. It didn't snow during drive but barely was now. I brought my 35mm camera and packed us some water.  We headed off to some of the nature trails and breathe in the crisp air. We both loved nature.  If it wasn't snowing weather, we could of gone camping.

We walked, laughed and took pictures  of one another,  alot of scenic pictures and I set my camera on a tree and set the timer and got some awesome shots.
We headed back when the snow was coming down harder.
We were greeted with hot cocoa with a candy cane and mini marshmellows. We sat in the lounge for a while to warm up by the roaring fire in the huge fire place that I had a protective screen just in case a toddler or a child wandered without an adult.  We reviewed  the photos and I knew which ones I would use for my portfolio. I marked which ones I would print for Maura and I.

We went back to our room and got changed into our bathing suits, adidas slippers and velour robes to head off to the sauna. Maura laughed when I started sweating like a pig. I figured why not and started making a pig noises when another two people entered.  We finally stopped laughing and went back to our room.  Jane asked, "okay Maura where is the itenirary at?"  Jane knew I was a planner. Jane liked to play it by ear. "Well, are you taking us now,  after dinner or the other days?" I dove on the bed where Maura was at started tickling her. "No, JANE stop , stop please stop." "Okay, if you want me to stop at least tell for the rest of the evenings activities."
Maura always enjoyed local artists art. "Well if we take a quick shower, we still have time to go to local gallery than we can find a diner or restaurant or pub of your choice. " We took quick showers and headed out to a gallery.  This gallery had paintings, sculptures,  photos, ceramic work and some wooden lathe work. Maura chose a sculpture and surprisingly,  I purchased a unique wooden and resin bowl.  This bowl had hues if blue in cherry wood." We both lucked out and met the artists who made them. Jane took pictures of us with our purchases and the artists. Jane asked the the man to sign the bottom of her piece even though it has his logo on it. We stayed awhile speaking to these local artists and took their business cards with us. We took our finds with us. We went to a general store to buy some heavy fabric bags to hold our items along with  bubble wrap. We threw out the paper bags. The paper bags were already get moist. 
We came across a diner that we decided to eat dinner. This was no normal diner. The arrays of food was similar to items that could of easily been served in a five star restaurant.  We drank some wine with our meals and headed back to our room with some boxes of left over. We bought several slices of pies to eat later night while we watched a movie. "Jane I had not added a jog in the itenirary but the way we ate tonight and still not done, I  will add it. We can do it on the treadmill if it continues to snow but we need too."

Jane had pecan pie while I had berry one. We figured to refrigerate the other slices (cherry and apple). The pies were the perfect dessert with our decaffeinated coffee.  We only had decaf because of the hour.  We watched  a comedy movie.  Jane got dressed for bed and I disrobed and scooted up to her and placed my arms around her and fell asleep.  Maura was out for the night. I still was wide awake til 2. I was still thinking about my future.  This place was the perfect place to take lots of trick shots, aerial, and candid shots. If I lost my career in law enforcement, I would pursue a career in photography. What kind, I still was unsure. I didn't know if I stay in Boston, sell or rent out my condo and go elsewhere.  I was stressed and tried hiding it from Maura as much as I could. I knew she was worried about me. I knew if I was no longer a detective. I would miss working cases with her.