Prologue

✿

𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

''Around a year passed. Around a year ago the person I thought was my forever said the words ''I do'' to the woman I'm trying to forgive. The woman I once had so much rage for, felt livid about, the woman who I felt like had stolen everything away from me.

My rage had faded over time.

I had accepted that the person I had always called the love of my life had moved on with someone else. He was happy with someone else. Married and even started a family.

The love I had for him didn't matter anymore and it never had to begin with. I had been through so much with him. I had been through so much pain, grief, happiness and sadness. I had done so much- I had let so much go, only for nothing to be changed in the end. In the end, I still didn't have him. I didn't end up with him. Nothing had changed. Not a single thing. All of my efforts had gone to waste- all of my time had gone to waste.

But I didn't blame him. Like hell, I never could. I could never blame someone who had been weakened so much. Kurapika.. Kurapika had been through hell mentally. Being manipulated- and lied to for years only to get to know the truth in such a short period of time, messing with his mind so much he couldn't tell lies from the truth anymore.

And in the end, I couldn't save him.

I had to let him go, and he had let me go. We had come to terms with our decisions, with the fate of our love. It wasn't meant to be in the end. Our love wasn't meant to be. Even if two people are meant to be together, they don't always find their way back. We'll love each other from a distance, we'll love each other when we look up to the stars.

I haven't seen Kurapika in a year. I haven't seen Rin in a year. They could've moved away for all I know- I don't know anything. I broke all contact after the wedding. I've said no to meeting up a few months after everything happened, too afraid of what might happen if I'd see him again.

Yet I still miss him to this day. I miss his soft, warm voice. I miss his touch. I miss his soft hair that would brush against my sensitive skin. I miss his words. I miss him. I miss everything about him. But I'm okay with it. I'm okay not being around him. I just hope he is okay. I hope he is happier. I hope he is free. I wish him the best.''

''Y/N?'' Your door opens slowly, revealing the person who had stayed by your side this whole time. Your best friend. You put your pen down on top of your notepad, the notepad that contained all of your darkest thoughts and feelings. All of your painful thoughts and memories were written carefully in there, sealed away from everyone- and everything. The thoughts you would never speak out loud, not to anyone. ''Are you okay?''

You smiled, swallowing your words and clenching your jaw as you felt your heart tighten. Your smile speaking lies and your eyes sparkling in pain. You nodded, lying more as it had become a habit whenever he asked you how you felt. You couldn't tell him the truth. He'd get too worried.

''Yes I'm fine, Azami.''

Flower Boy

All characters in this story except Kurapika, Leorio, Killua and Gon belong to me. My characters are NOT allowed to be used anywhere without my permission. Please, respect my wish.

ART ON THE COVER

Art on the cover is by the lovely and talented 5h31an

Make sure you give them some love! They deserve it

PLAYLIST:

Literally any song by Yuu Miyashita, I imagine Azami to sound exactly like him.

❀ JE L'AIME, JE L'AIME, JE L'AIME by Barbara Pravi

VIOLA by Barbara Pravi

LOUIS by Barbara Pravi

❀ GHOST!? by Tatsuya Kitani

SYBIL by Biz, KANKAN

SUKASHIYURI by Biz, KANKAN

TOKYO CANNIBALISM by Biz, Ado

LET YOU BREAK MY HEART AGAIN by Laufey

BEST FRIEND by Laufey

WE GO TOGETHER from ''Grease''

NEVER FORGET YOU by Noisettes

IT WILL RAIN by Bruno Mars

THE WAY THAT I NEED YOU by Passenger

AND I LOVE HER by Passenger

I HEAR A SYMPHONY by Cody Fry

PHOTOGRAPH by Cody Fry

DISCLAIMERS

This story contains sexual content and angst. Only read if you feel comfortable.

! TRIGGER WARNINGS !

Mentions of death, suicide and dark thoughts.

Usage of Alcohol and cigarettes

If you are struggling with these thoughts yourself, please reach out for help. You can also always send me a text. I'm here for you.

You are NOT alone.