014

✿

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

The clock was ticking in a calm, nearly comforting rhythm. A yawn nearly managed to escape your lips before you blocked your mouth with the palm of your hand, squinting your eyes in the process as your vision started to get blurry with tears. To your surprise, a few lamps were on in the living room, and you tilted your head when you heard quiet voices coming from the television. ''Hello?'' you said loud enough for it to not be a whisper, not wanting to wake up anyone in the other rooms.

''Y/N,'' the sweet voice called from the sofa as the boy the voice belonged to sat up straight to face you. He looked you up and down and threw a blanket in your direction as your bare legs were sending him shivers down his spine. ''What are you doing here?'' he asked as if it wasn't odd that he was watching anime at 5 in the morning when he should be asleep, in his bed.

''What are you doing here, Azami?'' you whispered and sat down next to him, pulling the blanket he gave you all over your body, smothering yourself in the soft grey fabric. He sat up straight and looked at you, and you saw this as an invitation to scoot over to him and snuggle against his body. The two of you weren't official yet, you didn't even know what you should call the two of you but cuddling with your best friend shouldn't have to be anything romantic. You did this with your girl friends too. And you tried your best to get the doubting feeling out of your body because you weren't sure if you were doing this to forget about Kurapika, or if you genuinely felt something for Azami.

''Mokusei and I had a chat on the balcony,'' he said with his usual raspy morning voice, ''I couldn't sleep after, it was quite emotional... aaaah,'' he whined and pinched the bridge of his nose between his fingers. He looked at you, and then back at the tv that he had paused, ''I told him he could sleep in my bed. Of course, he protested first, but when I explained to him that a new episode of my favourite anime was airing early in the morning, he went to sleep and knew he couldn't put up a fight with me,'' he laughed a little.

Curiosity was one of the things you hated most. You disliked it when people were way too nosy when it came to your personal life, but you also hated it when you, yourself were being nosy. You were tempted to ask him what he and Mokusei had talked about, but you managed to control yourself enough to let it slide.

''Do you have work today?'' you asked him, trying to distract your thoughts and head the conversation to something completely different.

''I do.''

''Shouldn't you get some sleep then?''

''And sacrifice watching anime all morning? I don't think so, no.''