death in the cell

(EDITED 23/09/22)

"You mind telling me what's going on?" Glen asked.

"Oh, just come on." I replied, running up the stairs to the Police Station.

"Yeah." He pants, out of breath.

I walk up to the front desk. "Garcia, I've gotta see Tod Gates again."

He rubs his forehead before turning to me. "You know, I took the night shift so I could get some peace and quiet."

I slam my hands down. "Look its urgent!"

"We have reason to believe there might be something very strange going on here." My boyfriend says.

"Got no argument on that."

I jump around at the sound of my father's voice. He emerges from his office, rumpled.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

He walks out, heading towards me and Glen. "There's an unsolved murder and I don't like unsolved murders. Especially ones that my daughter's mixed up in. What are you doing here? At this hour you should be home in bed."

"I just wanna see if he's okay."

I look to Garcia as he speaks up. "Nicole, take my word for it. The guy's sleeping like a baby. He's not going anywhere."

______

*third pov*

Tod's laying in his cell. He's asleep, all right, but not safely so. His bedsheet has come alive.  It twitches, pulsates, then snakes towards his throat.

______

*nicole's pov*

"Just go down and look at him." I whisper to my dad. "Please, daddy."

"All right, Garcia, give me the keys."

"All right." He nods, opening the draw. "Where the hell did I put the keys?"

______

*third pov*

Tod stirs, the sheet falls still; he slips into deeper sleep, and the sheet moves again, completing the noose around his neck.

He wakes up, grabbing hold of the sheet. "Hey, hey!"

He struggles to fight it. Soon enough, he's pulled off the bed and is being pulled to the wall. "Help! Help! Help!"

Tod then gets dragged up the wall by the sheets, squeezing the life out of him.

______

*nicole's pov*

We reach Tod's cell. My dad finally opening the door before shouting out. "Jesus!"

He and Garcia run forward, rushing to Tod's aid. I enter the room and what I see leaves me in shock. "Tod!" I scream.

"Hurry. Cut him down." I hear my father grunt. Taking hold of his body.

I watch as Garcia starts cutting the sheets. "Grab his legs."

"I got him."