let the games begin

(EDITED 23/09/22)

*third pov*

The sound of the scream cross-fades with the wail of the Ambulance as it screeches to a halt at the curb, followed by two black and whites and an unmarked car. Uniformed Policemen spill out.

The back of the ambulance opens and out steps two paramedics. "Come on Frankie. Give me a hand. Come on." The two men pull out the stretcher before heading to the house of horror. Another paramedic joined the two men in help with the stretcher. "You won't need a stretcher up there. You'll need a mop."

LT Thompson pulls up alongside the house and exits his vehicle. "Don't tell me it's another one."

Parker sighs. "Lieutenant, I'm so sorry to wake you, but I've never seen anything like this before. And this is your neighbourhood, so I thought I'd better call right away."

The two men headed towards the house. "The coroner's upstairs now but I don't think he's gonna...." Parker's voice fades off into the distance as Donald stops and looks over at his house. He notices his daughter; white-haired and hollow-eyed, looking down on him through her bars. He gives a slight wave. She solemnly waves back.

By habit or by premonition Thompson glances at the house that was his home. His
eye is caught by a movement; his daughter is at her bedroom window, white-haired, hollow-eyed, looking down on him through her bars.

______

*mr thompson's pov*

"Would have woken me up." I walk alongside Mr Lantz, entering his house and looking at one of my men with a bucket to catch the blood leaking from the ceiling.

"Oh my god." Mr Lantz turns away his hand covering his mouth as if he's going to be sick. Meanwhile, I edge closer to what's going on in the living room.

"Lieutenant, it's your daughter." I tear my eyes away from the blood and head over to the phone.

"Nicole."

"Hi Daddy." Grief filled her voice. "I know what happened."

"I haven't been upstairs yet."

"Yeah, but you know he's dead right."

"Yeah. Apparently he's dead." I nod even though she couldn't see me.

"Listen Daddy. I've got a proposition for you. Listen very carefully please."

"Nicole-" I sighed. My heart breaking at the sound of her voice.

"I'm gonna go get the guy who did it and I want you to be there to arrest him when I bring him out okay?"

"Just tell me who did it. I'll go get him baby."

"Fred Krueger did it Daddy, and only I can get him. It's my nightmare, he comes to. Just come here and break the door down in exactly 20 minutes. Can you do that?"

"Yeah, sure."

"That'll be exactly half past midnight. Time...Time enough for me to fall asleep and find him."

"Honey, look, you just do that. Get yourself some sleep. That's what I've been telling you all along."

"But you'll be here to catch him?"

"Lieutenant they're waiting for you upstairs." One of the men said to me.

"Yeah. Sure, I'll be there sweetheart. Now look, you just get yourself some rest please. Deal?"

"Deal."

"I love you sweetheart." It went quiet on her end until I heard the sound of the phone hanging up.

I turned to my partner. "Look, go outside and watch my daughters house. If you see anything funny, call me."

"Anything funny? Like what?"

"I don't know. One thing for sure, I don't want her coming over here. She's too far gone to be able to handle this."

______

*nicole's pov*

I sat in my room putting together traps so I was ready to catch Krueger. My hair was tied up and I wore a white oversized shirt with the sleeves rolled up, paired with my blue jeans. I couldn't care less who thought I was crazy. I'd soon show them.

______

*mr thompson's pov*

I make my way upstairs, stopping at what used to be Glen's room. As my eyes landed on what had happened, I turned around, swallowed the lump in my throat and made my way over to one of my men.

"What the hell did that Lieutenant."

"I don't know. What's the coroner got to say?"

"He's in the john, puking since he saw it."

______

*nicole's pov*

I sat beside my Mom on her bed, taking her hand in mine. "I guess I should have told you about him then."

I placed my other hand on hers, "Let's just get some sleep, Mom. It's gonna be okay."

"I was just trying to protect you. I didn't see how much you needed to know. You face things, thats your nature. That's your gift..."

I looked at my Mom, tears in my eyes.

"....but sometimes you have to turn away too."

She took the bottle of alcohol into her hand and screwed on the lid before placing it on her beside table. I looked down: defeated.

I stared into my Mom's eyes. "I love you."

A tear nearly slipped from her eye. "I love you too, baby."

I let go of her hand briefly and pulled the covers up before kissing her cheek and turning off the lamp.

"Night." Said her tired voice.

I made my way back into my room, taking down my hair and grabbing my alarm clock in my hand before checking the time on my wrist. "Okay Krueger. We play in your court."

I heard the sounds of the ambulance disappear with which I then closed my blinds before hopping into bed, the bandage still on my arm.

"And now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep and if I die before I wake. I pray the Lord my soul to take."

I check my watch again. "Countdown mode. Ten minutes and counting."

I lay down, ready to fall asleep. "But what if they meet a monster in their dreams? Then what?"

"They turn their back on it. Take away its energy and it disappears."

"But what happens if they don't do that?"

"Well, then I guess those people don't wake up to tell what happens."