the fight

(EDITED 23/09/22)

I appear at the top of the stairs, slowly making my way down, through the hallway and to the cellar door which I open. I can hear the distant sound of the boiler room, faint but unmistakeable.

I move towards the furnace and open the little door to grab what used to be Freddy Krueger's glove but only the knives weren't there. As much as I shook the cloth it was covered in, nothing came out. I dropped the material and carried on walking.

Firelight lit up my face as I carefully opened up another door which lead to another set of stairs. I made my way down the stairs, holding onto the banister.

"Nicole." I heard Libby's voice. I paused, hesitating before carrying on down the steps. Evil laughter could be heard in the distance but that didn't stop me. "You dreamed about the same creep I did."

A distorted voice was heard. "Gonna get you." Followed by more laughter.

I headed down even more stirs before hearing Glen's voice. "No! No! No!"

I made it to ground, weaving in and out of pipes. "Nicole." I backtracked and made my way towards Libby's voice. After finding nothing, I took myself down a ladder, checking up on my arm once I got down.

"Krueger!" I shouted. "I'm here!" I looked around. No movement. The only sounds were those of the boiler.

As I carried on walking I stumbled upon and picked up a cross that was hidden underneath blankets. I hear a sound like metal on metal and quickly whip my head around. After looking around some more, I realised I must be paranoid and instead, I carried on walking.

Again, and then again, I descended, each ladder narrower or more twisting, each level deeper, wetter, darker, more airless. Out of the corner of my eye I spot what looked like headphones, I made my way over and picked them up in my hand before realising they were Glen's. And not only that, they were also dripping in blood. I suddenly drop them, staring at my fingers.

"Come out and show yourself, you bastard!" I yell.

Nothing happens. Instead, I look at my watch to see that it's passed the 10 minute warning. "Shit."

______

*third pov*

No sooner are these words off her lips, Freddy Krueger lurches up behind her. The man is even more hideous and hatless. His bald head and tormented face veiled in skeins of ruined flesh, his ragged teeth barred and the great spider of razor-blades flashing from his fingertips.

She takes off fast, running down a flight of stairs. "Come on Krueger! Follow me!"

Nicole screams before taking a fierce jump, that sends her out over black space and down into a huge, dark sump of blackness. She crashes suddenly out of the night and into a hedge just outside her own front door, rolling out at its bottom scratched and bloodied.

"Damn it! Where are you! Where are you Krueger!" She shouts, stumbling around. "I know you're here."

She staggers for her house's front door -- checking her watch once more. "Final 10 seconds. Nine, eight, seven, six...."

"Nancy." A moment later, Krueger crashes down onto the grass with that godawful handful of blades. But instead of running, she runs straight towards him and seizes Freddy in a desperate bearhug. "I got you now!"

The surprise move sends him pitching backwards, her still on him and they fall into the jumble of torn-down trellis of roses beneath her window. Almost at that very second the jarring, deafening ringing of Nicole's alarm clock is heard.