3 - Childrens Work ♡

Some nights I still can't sleep
The past rolls back, I can see us still
You've learned how to hold your own
How to stack your stones
But the history's thick

•••

Sirius, Remus, Peter and James looked at each other confused, "What on earth does Dumbledore want with Lila?" Remus asked no one in particular.

"I have no idea. Let's go and find out, shall we?" James said mischievously, as he stood up and began to leave the Great Hall, followed closely by Remus, Sirius and Peter.

They left the hall and sneaked their way down corridors and grand staircases until they came across the large gargoyle that guarded the staircase to the headmasters office - which they assumed was where Lila had been taken. James whispered the password quietly, after picking it up from McGonagall when he once followed her here, and the big statue allowed them through as they quickly climbed onto the moving stairs.

•••

"I'm not entirely sure, sir, no." Lila said, unsure as to what Dumbledore was getting at. He motioned towards the chair infront of him, which Lila took reluctantly.

"Allow me to explain. Have you ever wanted... let's say, unwanted attention?" the bearded man asked awkwardly.

"Um- Yeah- Yes, I guess you could say that." she chuckled, slightly uncomfortable with having to discuss this with her headmaster.

"You are half Veela, Lila. Before her untimely death, your mother, Katerina, told me to tell you this when I deemed suitable. Katerina herself was a full Veela, and knew well that she had passed on the trait. I believe that at the age you have reached... you should be... aware of your effect on people... and perhaps your new-found friends." Dumbledore said. Lila, who had paused completely, tried to comprehend what she had been told, struggling at this however, as she sat still for the next minute or so, her mind spinning. "I understand that this may come as a shock to you-"

"You could say that," she laughed lightly, "thankyou, Sir, but I- I best head back, they- they will be wondering where I have- where I am," she stood up, stumbling slightly, "but thank- thank you for letting me know, I- I best be off now, I'll see- see you soon." she stuttered, whilst walking unsteadily to the door. She pulled the handle and four boys toppled in, landing on each other, all letting out grunts as they hit the floor. "Fucking hell, what are you-"

"Language, Miss Belle-Rose!" Dumbledore called.

"Apologies, sir." Lila said quickly. She glared down at the four boys on the floor, who were struggling to hold in a laugh, but went silent once they caught sight of the girl above them. "What on earth are you doing?"

"Well- We- Er-" Remus stuttered.

"We came looking for you and we- were- well, waiting. Obviously." Sirius said, as they all climbed to their feet, "God sake, Moony." he whispered, rolling his eyes.

"Oh, like you did so much better." he replied, also whispering. They stood guiltily, with their hands behind their back.

"Excuse us." Lila fake smiled, not confused anymore, but angry that the boys had been eavesdropping, "We best be off." she said, glaring at the boys who hadn't yet moved.

"Oh, yep, that's us. We'll just- leave- um, bye, Sir!" James said, as Lila started to push them out the door. She didn't even say anything, but stormed back down the stairs and into the corridor, followed by James, Peter, Sirius and Remus who were walking quickly trying to keep up.