chapter two

chapter two - late night trips

-

You awoke to the sound of knocking on your door. You had a purple satin nightgown on and nothing else.

"I'll be right there," You pull a robe onto yourself and open the door, surprised to see Mallory standing in your doorway.

"Oh Mallory. What's the matter?"

"Oh I'm sorry y/n did I wake you?"

"Yeah but it's alright I went to bed pretty early."

Your clock read ten fifteen pm. You must have fallen asleep reading the book Ms. Venable gave to you.

"I truly didn't mean to wake you I'm so sorry and I would normally never ask this but you're the only person here who speaks to me and Ms. Venable needs a glass of water and the rest of the Greys went to bed and Coco is up my ass and I ju-." Mallory talked with speed in her voice.

"Mallory I can bring it to her. I just don't know where her room is."

"Thank you so much." Mallory pointed towards the door next to yours and you nodded, handing you a glass of water.

You got to her room and knocked on the door.

"I'll be there in just a second," You hear her cane tap as she walks to the door. As she opens the door she realizes that it's you. "Why are you here? Where's Mallory."

"She was occupied and I offered to bring your water."

"Well okay." She grabbed the glass of water from my hands and began to shut the door, but you stopped her.

"Oh the book you recommended is very good."

"Well I'm glad you're enjoying it." She nodded and shut the door.

"Dammit." You whispered under your breath. You had just made a fool out of yourself. She didn't care if you were enjoying the book. She didn't care about anything.

You walked back to your room and flopped into bed.

"Fuck!" You muttered. When you flopped into the bed you hit your head on the hardcover book.

You stood up and walked over to the mirror, dropping your robe onto the floor. Your y/h/c hair flowed nicely over your shoulders and your purple satin nightgown fit your body well. You felt so wrong for thinking it but all you wanted was Ms. Venables lips pressed against yours.