chapter nine

chapter nine - langdon

-

You woke up to the sound of pounding on Ms. Venable's door. She was sitting up in bed already.

"What the fuck?" You squinted your eyes.

"Go in the bathroom." She whispered.

You got out of her bed and ran to the bathroom, pushing your ear against the door.

"What could possibly be so pressing that you needed to wake me?"

"There's somebody here to see you. From the Cooperative." It was Ms. Mead.

"Who?"

"His name is Langdon."

"Tell him I will be there in an hour."

"He doesn't seem like he wants to wait."

"Well he's going to have to." She slammed the door in Ms. Meads face.

You opened the door of the bathroom and walked out.

"I'm going to get ready for my meeting with whoever this Langdon is. You can stay in here with me for a while if you'd like."

"Of course."

You took a seat in one of the chairs and watched her. She took off her nightgown revealing her bare body. She began to tug on her ear. You got up out of your chair and walked towards her, grabbing her bra from the bed.

"What are you..?"

"Shh. Relax."

You buckled her bra and lifted her hair.

"You're going to be okay. Just breathe."

"Y/n I'm fine."

"I know."

You sat back in the chair and watched her finish changing. She was wearing her usual black dress with a belt around the waist. She fixed her hair like always and slid on a pair of boots. She stood in front of the mirror, inspecting herself.

"You look perfect Mina."

She sighed and walked over to you, cane tapping, and kissed you on the forehead.

"Make yourself at home. I shouldn't be long."

You nodded and watched her walk out of the room. You stood up from the chair and walked to her armoire. It was full of black gowns, night and day ones, black shoes, black dresses, and black undergarments. She had three covered gowns. You unzipped the covers to reveal purple dresses, similar to the ones you wore, but nicer. The one you helped her take off that night was in one of the covers. You zipped the covers and closed her armoire. You felt bad for snooping through her things. You walked back to the chair and sat, reading a book waiting for her. She came back to the room about two hours later.

"How was it? Who is he?"

"He's here from the Cooperative."

"What does he want?" You took a seat on the bed next to her.

She made a face. "I'm sorry. You will find out soon."

"No it's okay. I understand."

She smiled a small smile at you and took a deep breath. You were both silent for a moment, staring at the floor.

"Y/n I'm scared."

"You'll be okay."

You wiped a tear from her face.

She nodded and put her head on your shoulder.