chapter nineteen

chapter nineteen - the results.

-

"Ms. y/l/n."

You shifted uncomfortably in your chair.

"Mr. Langdon."

"You seem pretty on edge."

"Why wouldn't I be? You're about to decide my fate, or you've already decided, not that it matters. What does matter, is that my fate, is in your hands." You tried to appear as confident as possible.

Michael sighed and took a seat in the chair beside yours.

"Well, I have in fact already decided where you're going- or not going- but I thought I could build some suspense. I don't know, spice things up a bit. Watching you squirm uncomfortably gives me a rush."

"You're a sadist."

"Oh no, Ms. Venable is the sadist around here."

"Guess there's room for two of you then." It hurt you to speak down on Wilhemina.

He scoffed.

"Oh but you don't experience the torture she typically inflicts, do you?"

You looked down at your hands.

"Of course you don't, who am I kidding? The two of you are too busy screwing around with each other for her to possibly have the time to inflict torture on you. Unless, of course, it's the good kind of torture." He stepped closer to you, close enough that you could feel his hot breath on your nose.

"The kind of torture that makes you beg her for more." He whispered condescendingly.

You gulped and stepped back.

"I don't have any clue what you're talking about." You bit your cheek, a nervous habit you had.

"Oh I'm sure you don't."

"I have business to attend to Mr. Langdon, so I would appreciate if we could get to the point."

"Does this business take place underneath Ms. Venable?"

He was just pissing you off now.

"Did I make it to the Sanctuary or not?" You snapped.

"Ah yes, the Sanctuary. You've made it. Congratulations."

What? There was no way. You sighed in relief.

"Good evening Mr. Langdon." You nodded your head at him as you exited the room.