Chapter 8: Shadow vs. Dragons

"You're the Champion of The Mountain!?" Iris exclaimed. "The what?" Brock asked. "The Champion of The Mountain! Don't tell me you've never heard of him?" Iris exclaimed. "Isn't he the trainer who lives on Mt. Coronet and beats trainers that challenge him with only one pokemon? "Clemont said. "Yes! And you're saying you're the champion of the mountain?" Iris asked, turning towards Ash. He nodded slowly. "How do we know if it's true? Let's have a battle!" Iris said. Ash nodded. "Alright."

They went to a battlefield. "I will referee. This will be a 3 vs. 3 battle! When all of one sides pokemon are unable to battle, they lose! Trainers, please send out your pokemon!" Clemont shouted. "Go, dragonite!" Iris yelled. She threw a pokeball and dragonite came out. "Let me show  you what a real dragon is. Charizard, show them your burning flames!" Ash shouted. Charizard burst from it's ball. "ROOAAARRR!!" It let out an earthshattering roar, making the ground quake. Charizard was 16 ft. tall, a lot bigger than a normal one. "Roaarrr!" dragonite roared back. "Battle begin!"

"Dragonite, use hurricane!" Iris ordered. Dragonite flapped it's wings super fast, and formed a hurricane. It hit charizard square in the face. Iris smirked. When the hurricane disappeared, they saw that charizard was just fine. "What?!" Iris exclaimed. "Use flamethrower!" Ash commanded. Charizard opened it's mouth and let out a burst of flame. When it stopped, they saw dragonite all banged up, and kneeling on one knee. "Roarr!" it roared weakly. "Come on dragonite! You can do it!" Iris encouraged. Slowly, dragonite rose up and stood. "Now, give it all you've got, use hyper beam!" she shouted. Dragonite built up power and then released it's strongest ever hyper beam.

It hit charizard point-blank and smoke rose up. When it cleared they saw a bored, unscathed, lazy charizard.

 When it cleared they saw a bored, unscathed, lazy charizard

Ash sweatdropped, while everyone else was just shocked. "W-what!? How?!" Just then, dragonite collapsed with swirls in it's eyes. "Dragonite is unable to battle. Charizard is the winner! With trainer please send out your next pokemon!" Clemont declared.

Iris returned dragonite with a 'thank you' and threw out another pokeball. "Let's go!" she yelled. "ROARRR!!" Druddigon came out of the pokeball. What surprised the group was what happened next. "Charizard, return." Ash called, returning the oversized dragon to it's pokeball. "Huh? You're using a different pokemon?" Iris asked. Ash just responded with, "Go!" Eevee ran to the battlefield. Everyone was confused on why he was using a small eevee against a giant dragon. "Battle begin!" Clemont shouted.

"Use metal claw!" Iris shouted. Druddigon's claw began glowing white and he lunged at eevee. Eevee swiftly dodged it by jumping up in the air. "Use last resort!" Ash commanded. Light gathered around eevee and formed a giant star that she sent straight at druddigon. Dirt rose up and when it cleared, druddigon was a bit banged up. "Druddigon, use dragon tail!" Iris shouted. Druddigon's tail lit up and it aimed it at eevee. "Use swift!" Ash commanded. Eevee jumped in the air and used swift. The stars collided with druddigon and caused more smoke. When the smoke cleared, it left a confused druddigon and a-well, no eevee. "What?" Iris asked. Ash smirked ad yelled, "Use double-edge!" Eevee came down and smashed into druddigon, plowing in into the ground. "Now use swift point-blank!" Eevee jumped into the air and sent stars at druddigon who was already weak. The swift stopped to reveal a fainted druddigon with swirls in it's eyes.

Everyone was shocked again. How did a tiny little eevee defeat a giant dragon?!

"Druddigon is unable to battle! The winner is eevee! Will trainer please send out your last pokemon!" Clemont said.

"Return druddigon." Iris said, returning the pokemon. "Come on out!" Iris threw a pokeball. "Gaaabite!" Out came a gabite. "Return." Eevee ran back beside Ash. Ash threw out a pokeball. "Luxxrayy!" Luxray came out. "Battle begin!"

"Gabite use dual-chop!" Iris shouted. The fins on gabite's arms glowed and he ran towards luxray. "Dodge it!" Ash said. Luxrary dodged it swiftly. "Now crunch!" Luxray jumped and used crunch on gabite's neck. "Now use wild charge!" Lyxray released several bolts of lightning. They found their way to gabite and fried it. "Gabite use dragon breath!" Gabite let out a dragon breath. It hit luxray and Iris smirked triumphantly. When the dust cleared it revealed a grooming luxray. "What?!" "Now finish it with giga impact!" Luxray ran fast surrounded by the giga impact and crashed into gabite headfirst, throwing it back.

"Gabite is unable to battle! The winner is luxray, which means the victory goes to Shadow!" Clemont announced.

The luxray turned it's attention to Clemont and growled. "Calm down." Ash whispered. Luxray looked away reluctantly. Ash returned it. "You really are the Champion Of The Mountain." Iris said. "Yes. Now if you'll excuse me, I have things to do, and places to be." As Ash turned around, Iris shouted, "Wait! Where is Ash now?" Ash smirked under his hood. "He's close. Very close." And with that, he walked off, leaving the small group puzzled.