Chapter 1: The Heartbreaking Betrayal

(Ash can understand Pokémon and he has a strong aura. * * is aura speech. ' ' is thoughts.)

Up on Mt. Coronet sat a 16-year old boy along with his partner pikachu, lucario, and eevee. The boy had long spiky black hair with light-blue streaks through it, and he wore a red cap with a white semi-circle on it. He had a blue jacket with a white circle near the top and a pair of fingerless gloves. His eyes were auburn, with a strange, light-blue shine to them. He was known as the 'Champion of the Mountain'. His name was Ash Ketchum. His pikachu was sitting on his shoulder while his eevee rested in his lap, and lucario was sitting next to him. The rest of his Pokémon were resting and training behind them. "It's been 5 years since it happened." Ash thought aloud. "Master are you ok?" Lucario asked his master. "Ash are you ok?" Pikachu asked. "Ash?" eevee asked. "I'm ok guys. Sorry for worrying you. I was just thinking about that day..." Ash trailed off, deep into thought.

~Flashback 5 years ago~

They had just won the Alola League, and Ash and pikachu were racing home. Ash couldn't wait to see his Pokémon and everyone to tell them the news. Ash got to his house and ran inside. "Mom, I'm home!" he said, just as his mom walked into the room. "Oh honey I'm so glad you're home!" she exclaimed. She hugged her son tightly. Then she said, "All your friends have come to talk to you. They're waiting in the backyard. I'll go cook you something good to eat." Ash went to the backyard. When he got outside, he saw all his past traveling companions, all with grim looks on their faces. He immediately sensed the tension and wondered what was going on.

"Hey guys what are you doing here." he asked nervously. "We have to tell you something." said Brock, one of Ash's longtime friends. "What is it." he asked. "We want you to quit your dream of becoming a Pokémon Master." Misty said. "What?!" Ash and pikachu said in unison.(of course, they couldn't understand pikachu) "We all agree that you should quit your dream, Ash." said May "Yeah Ash, face it. You're never going to become a Pokémon Master. You've never even won a league." Dawn said. "You bring a horrible, bitter taste to the table." Cilan said. "What?!" Max and Bonnie said. "You said we were just visiting!" Max shouted. "You all should be ashamed! Ash has helped you reach your dreams and this is how you thank him?!" Bonnie said furiously. "He never helped us, he just held us back!" May yelled. "Yeah, he's such a little kid. All he does is get us in trouble." Iris said. "He helped you all out! May, you didn't even know what your dream was until he helped you!" Max said angrily. "Yeah, you would all be lot causes without Ash's help!" Bonnie yelled.

Ash just stared in utter shock at the scene before him. Then it all hit him. His friend's betrayal, Bonnie and Max standing up for him. Ash couldn't take it anymore. He ran out of the house as fast as he could, towards professor Oak's lab.  Max and Bonnie followed closely after and the traitors running behind them. Ash ran into the lab and explained to his Pokémon what happened. They were all furious with what Ash's 'friends' had done. Ash put all his pokemon into their pokeballs and found professor Oak. "Professor do you have a way for me to carry all my pokemon at once?" Ash asked him hurriedly. He knew he didn't have much time before the traitors caught up with him.

 He knew he didn't have much time before the traitors caught up with him

 "Why as a matter of fact, I just developed a new anvanced pokedex. It's called the nanodex. it has information on all pokemon of every region, even the newly discovered ones. There is also a map in it, and it allows you to carry as many pokemon as you want." the prof explained. "Thanks prof Oak." Ash thanked him. He put on the nanodex and put all his pokemon into it. He decided that he would head to Mt. Coronet and train. Just then the door slammed open and Max and Bonnie ran in. Then turned around and locked the door and rushed to prof Oak. Bonnie explained to prof Oak what happened and then Gary walked into the room. "What's going on in here?" he asked. Bonnie started the explanation all over again. Gary and prof Oak were shocked at the news.

Professor Oak gave Gary a nanodex and told him to go with Ash. Gary agreed willingly and the prof also gave Max and Bonnie one. Ash's was blue, Gary's was orange, Bonnie's was yellow and Max's was green. They all packed their bags with pokemon food berries, healing potions and other items they thought they might need. They bid goodbye to prof Oak and left. Ash let out his charizard and pidgeot. Ash and Max got onto charizard and Gary and Bonnie got onto pigeot and they all flew to Mt. Coronet to train and get stronger. They all knew that, one day, they would cross paths with traitors again and then they would show them who was a weak.

~End of Flashback~