Chapter 3: Boon Island

2 Months Later

Everyone was getting ready to go to the tournament. They were packing everything they needed. They packed potions, berries and other supplies. They were going to leave this afternoon since the tournament was in about a week. "Well guys, looks like we're ready to go." Ash said. Everyone nodded in agreement. "Charizard, I choose you!" Ash exclaimed. "Altaria, come on and help me out!" Bonnie yelled. "Skarmory, let's go!" Gary shouted. "Braviary, come on out!" Max yelled. After a few days of intense training, Max's rufflet had evolved into a strong braviary. They each hoped onto their pokemon and headed off for Boon Island.

In Kanto

Iris, Misty, Brock, May, Clemont, Serena, Dawn, and Cilan were talking about a certain Championship Trainers Tournament. "Have you heard about the Championship Trainers Tournament?" Misty asked. She had gotten a letter inviting her to it. "Yeah! I got a letter for it!" Dawn said. "Me too!" May said. They all nodded saying that they too, had gotten a letter. "Should we go?" Iris asked. "Of course! It will be fun!" May replied. "Yeah, and it could be practice for my upcoming contests." Dawn agreed. "It will give me a chance to polish off my battling skills so I can be a better gym leader." Brock answered. "Me too. That way I could become a dragon master sooner." Iris said. "Yes, it could help me get stronger. Plus, this tournament brings a good taste to the table." Cilan said. "Then it's settled! We'll enter the tournament!" Misty said. "We can invite Ms. Ketchum and Professor Oak to watch too!" May suggested. They all agreed.

_______________________________________________

"Come on! We don't wanna miss the ferry!" Dawn shouted back at her friends. They had invited Delia and Professor Oak to the tournament, and when they agreed, they all went to the docks in order to catch the next boat that leaves to the Sevii Islands. "There's no need to rush Dawn!" Clemont responded. "Yeah! We still have half an hour until the boat leaves." May added. "I wonder how many trainers will be at the tournament." Misty said thoughtfully. "Hmm. I wonder how the competition will work." Iris said. "Didn't you guys look it up?" Cilan asked. "What?" Dawn, Misty, and Iris said together. Cilan just sighed. Unlike Ash's letter, the letter they got only said when and where it was being held. 

"It says that you will have to choose between contests or battle. To participate in either, you must get through the preliminary round. The preliminary round will pit trainers against each other in a double battle based on witch category you signed up to participate in. You will be aloud to have 6 Pokémon, but you can change your team once the preliminary rounds are over." Cilan explained. The group held on to his every word. They need to know this stuff in order to plan a good strategy. "There will be two winners since the tournament is split into 2 sections for contests and battles. The two winners will each receive $5000, 100 poffins with some for each type, and 100 Poke Puffs with a bunch for each type."

The group went and got ice-cream and spent their spare time shopping for supplies and other things. A half-hour later, the loud blow of the ferry horn sounded. The group rushed to get onto the boat. They started moving and the group was happy to finally get going. They were headed for Boon Island and the Championship Trainers Tournament. However, what they found there would be the biggest surprise of their lives.

With Ash

Ash and his friends were almost to the Sevii Islands. They had to take a bunch of breaks since their pokemon were getting tired and it's a long way from Sinnoh to Kanto. About an hour later, they all landed on the designated island. They looked around and saw what a beautiful place it was. There were beautiful lush green palm trees and small bushes full of a variety of different berries.

They headed to the Pokemon Center to give skarmory, charizard, altaria, and braviary a rest. They also signed up for the tournament. 'I think I'll use a fake name since the traitors are coming. Once I win the tournament, I'll reveal my true identity and the traitors will be quite surprised. Hmm. What would a good name be? Oh! I know, I'll use my mountain name.' Ash thought to himself, smirking, before signing up.

They then went and booked into the Pokemon Center Hotel, all expenses paid by the Pokémon League Committee. They each got their own room, right next door to each. Ash got room 314, Gary 315, Bonnie 313, and Max 312. The rooms were the same. They each had a big TV on the wall, and a couch in front of it. There was a nicely made wooden table in-between  the couch and the TV. A few feet farther back and to the left was the kitchen. There were a few pots and pans and an oven for baking. There was also a mini fridge for drinks and snacks. On the opposite wall of the kitchen, there was a door that led to the bathroom. It was about the size of the kitchen with a tub and a shower next to each other. Then there was the sink and the toilet facing the opposite way. The walls and floor were tiled, each with a unique and beautiful pattern on it. On the side of the wall the was another door that led to the bedroom. There was a four poster bed with curtains. On both sides were a nightstand, one with a phone, and the other empty. About a foot above the pillows was a lamp that came out of the wall so you could read in bed. On the left side wall there was a dresser with a bunch of drawers and on the right side wall there was a desk with two drawers on each side and a swivel chair in the middle. There was a small lamp on the desk too. At the front of the room there was another door leading back out to the living room with the kitchen in front of it. The bedroom door and the bathroom door were side by side.

Ash, Gary, Max, and Bonnie all met up in the Pokemon Center lobby after putting away their things in their rooms. "So, now what should we do?" Gary asked. "Well I heard there is a fancy new restaurant that just opened up down the street." Bonnie offered. Ash and pikachu's stomachs rumbled simultaneously. "Sounds great!" They all agreed to go there for lunch.

With The Traitors 

The traitors had arrived on Boon Island and signed up for the tournament at the Pokémon Center. Then they went and each got a room in the hotel. They decided to go and have lunch. "Where should we go?" Iris asked. "I heard a there was a new restaurant down the street!" May said. "Yeah and its fancy too!" Dawn added, her eyes sparkling. "That brings a delectable taste to the table." Cilan said. "How do you know? You haven't even eaten there yet!" Misty joked. They all laughed at the remark. "Well then, let's get going!" Clemont said awhile later, once they all stopped laughing.

They headed down the street and entered the restaurant. It was quite crowded since it was new and fancy too. They got a seat at a table and looked at the menu. 

Brock's POV

We were trying to decide what to order when it happened. I had looked around at the scenery and my eyes landed on a familiar face. We locked eyes and I tensed. I saw him tense up too. He was the last person I wanted to see, whereas I was also kind of expecting him to be here. I quickly looked away and back at my menu. I nudged Clemont and told him to get the others attention. Once he did, they all looked at me expectantly, waiting for me to say something. I looked at them and spoke the three words that were on my mind since we locked eyes.

"Ash is here."

Sorry for taking such a long time to update! I'm not sure when I'll update again, since I'm busy with my other books and personal life stuff. If I take too long you can always checkout my other books too! Till next time,

 Cya!

-Cardcaptor PokeMeow