Chapter One

You know reality starts setting in when a part of you is ripped from you. When the Moon Goddess abandons you after being so mad. Leaving you completely broken with just your average self and your average wolf. I felt myself in a shade of black as I was lost. I couldn't move or think. I couldn't process how empty I felt. My body was on fire like it completely betrayed me. The Moon Goddess was a selfish one. She just didn't seem to care unless she was happy. She couldn't get her mate so she left my body to give up. I don't remember anything after being separated but the voices of Jack and Vincent. I slowly started to open my eyes which felt like they were superglued shut. An uncomfortable warmth was around me as I finally caught sight of who was there. I looked up to see the eyes of my daughter Ryn. She was combing my hair and my heart just melted. I looked at my surroundings and it was just us. Her eyes met mine and she retracted from the bed. "DAD! Mom is awake!" With that, I heard feet enter the room and Jack was there. He was a mess. I took this second to look at his appearance and he didn't take care of him. His usual styled hair was not kempt like he needed a haircut. His five o'clock shadow was now growing into a beard. The bags under his eyes. He was leaning on the bed with his head on my chest. "Why are you freaking out?" Jack lifted his head up and it looked like he was crying. "Babe, do you realize how long you've been asleep?" I searched my mind to try to find the answer and all I could do was shake my head no. "You were asleep for a week. Not to mention you had a seizure." I slowly lifted myself up onto the headboard that wasn't there. Looking back around we weren't home. We were still in Vincent's pack.

"What do you mean I've been asleep for a week? What happened to me?" I think at this moment we both began to panic as I realized I probably have not showered or brushed my teeth. I jolted from the bed and ran into the bathroom but was met with the bedroom floor. A loud crash made its presence. The bedroom door opened and there was Vincent staring at my face on the floor. "Is everything okay?" But just like that my heart skipped a few beats looking at him. My needy wolf was reaching for him like it's never done before. Red washed over my face to realize I was still crashed on the floor. I slowly lifted myself up and tried to brush it off but I couldn't stop the red on my brown skin from showing. Eyes had burned my cheek as I looked at Jack. he had worried all over his face but Vincent stayed in his place. Why was I feeling like this? I see Vincent's eye dart to my neck which could only mean one thing. I ran to the mirror and pulled my collar down. There was a fade bite mark on there. "You marked me." I know it would fade since it wasn't both of us but still. I was angry that the decision wasn't mine and he took that from me. Turning to face him, anger came over me but I was stopped by Jack. "He marked me without my permission, why are you stopping me?" I yelled. "Athena, he didn't have a choice. I told him too. You were dying when the Moon Goddess had left your body." Meeting Vincent's eyes I noticed the guilty look on his face. The tough Alpha we knew was now corwarring. "It'll fade by tomorrow, but that's why you want him right now." I knew this was hard for all of us and made me feel so conflicted at this moment. What was I supposed to do? Avoid him until it officially fades away? I don't know if I can do that to him or myself. "I need to shower, please get out." With one final look, I shut the bathroom door behind me and just fell to the floor.

My hard was playing with as there was nothing keeping me from Vincent now. But I love another man that I would do anything for. In the real world, I can't keep them both as much as I want to. A tear fell down my cheek know someone was going to get hurt out of this and it will be me. It is always me.