Chapter Twenty-Seven

Finally, showering and going downstairs was a true packhouse. There were tons of people around. Kids running around. Everyone is eating and having a great time. "Good Morning Casanova." I heard Jack say. "Shut up. This hangover is enough. Now someone gets me some coffee please?" I sat down at the table and laid my head on the table and the smell of coffee was at my nose. "Did-" I was interrupted. "Vanilla and Sugar and just a sprinkle of coffee. Got it." Forgot Jack knew my ass so well. "Thank you." Today was a day of relaxing and this hangover was going to get the better of me. We had a large park to fight with us. This was going to end hopefully soon. "Enjoy it now Athena, because tomorrow we get started. We are going to make you one hell of a fight. You have about 30 Alpha's who trained that are ready to train you. I didn't expect it to be this hard. I had fallen asleep and not even a few minutes later the lights flickered on and I was grabbed by my arms. "Let's go, rookie. It's training day.!" I was face to face with Vincent. He had a stupid smirk I wanted to knock off his face. "You have two minutes to be changed and then you will run out to the training field." He commanded. "Now Athena!" There's that Alpha command I don't miss so much. "You're better when you're pouting," I said right before I went into the closet and changed. I brushed my teeth real quick and ran out to the field where everyone is already doing so. I ran up to Vincent and he had his serious Alpha face on. "I said two minutes. You're late, now go run three laps around." He commanded. I wanted to fight him but I can't. I think he was doing it on purpose or else I'd agree with him. Smart but didn't feel like jumping his bones.

By the time I finished running I was on the floor gasping for air. Reminded me how out of shape I was in. A shadow was over and Jack was above me. "We aren't done. Get up." He demanded. "If I get up then I am going to puke." He grabbed my arm and lifted me up. And just like that, I threw up beside him. He patted my back until I was done. I saw the throw-up and it made me throw up more. "Alright, once you're done we are doing some legs." I looked back as he ran back to the pack. I was regretting this. One by one each Alpha put me through the wringer. For the next few weeks, it was the same routine with one day off sorta. I felt myself getting stronger but I also felt exhausted. I just wanted to be some boring mate who cooks and cleans at this moment. But it was getting easier too. "Athena, focus now!" Vincent's hand threw a punch and I thought I could dodge it but he nicked my chin. "Son of a bitch. I swear I think you're being too tough on me." I rubbed my chin to try to smoothie the pain but it hurt. "You must not really want this. You are slacking and you barely give any effort. You're distracted. If your goal is to die then you're succeeding." I was stunned by his comment. He is frustrated but this was not cool. "You think I am trying to die? I am working my ass off.

I wasn't born to be an Alpha so excuse me for not being so goddamn perfect at it. Trying to shove 10 years of training in 3 weeks!" We were in each other's voice. "Yeah, well you're horrible at it. I'd have a better chance at training that goddamn duck!" He yelled. "Oh please, I am doing this to save all our asses. So don't talk to me like that!" I screamed at him. "Oh don't be such a sensitive bitch!" My ears couldn't believe what I was hearing. The gasps around made it known he really just said that. I don't know what came over me but my fist went flying as it hit his face and fell to the ground. I had years of rage coming out. I was on top of him just hitting Vincent over and over again before I was pulled off of him. "I'll show you who's a fucking bitch!" I screamed as I was yanked off of him. "Athena, enough." Vincent stood up and he just started laughing. "What the fuck is so damn funny?" I kept trying to push through to attack him. "I had to get you angry, and it worked. You lay a pretty mean one on me. More than I thought but you have the anger." I finally relaxed before I walked over to him and slapped his cheek. "You ever call me a bitch again, I won't allow them to get me off while I beat you six feet under."