Chapter Twelve

VINCENT

For the rest of the day, I had remained at the door and didn't speak with anyone. I wanted to not push my limits even more. Even the Goddess left me alone this time. She didn't even come down for food. "Hey man, you're good to go." A warrior had said as he replaced my position. I quickly darted away back to my apartment so that I can make some food real quick for Athena. I knew I was the last person she wanted to see but I wasn't going to miss a second of seeing her. I put a sandwich and lemonade in my jacket hole that I had created before I made my way over to the club. It was dark and she had to be there by now. I waited by the door as I saw the girls being led into the club. She walked in but her head was hanging low. I didn't think too much of it until I saw why. I waited an hour or so until I noticed it had started getting slow and she was taking a small break. I walked her way pulling her into a room. "Hey, are you okay?" Her head hung low still but not too long after her you can hear her soft sobs over the music. "Athena, what happened?" She hesitated but looked up to me and that's when I noticed. My body went into shock and I saw how badly her face was bruised. She wasn't one to heal very well but it was bad. Even the makeup she tried to hide it with couldn't hide how swollen her cheeks were. I wrapped my arms around her and she winced to my touch. I looked down and slowly lifted up her top and noticed her badly bruised ribs. My K9s were forcing their way out in anger. "What happened?" But she was weak and broken down. So she sobbed. She was hurt and I couldn't protect her. "Who did this to you, Athena?"

But she walked over to the couch and slowly sat down and just cried in pain. "It doesn't matter who did it because he won't be the last one to do so. I fucked up. I fucked up so bad. I should've just listened when I should've." I sat next to her and rested my arm around her waist. "It's not okay. We will figure this out." It was at that moment I knew what I had to do. I needed to fix things as she was always the one to make the first move. I used my hand to bring her face to mine and placed a kiss on her. The taste of her salty tears made it so real. I don't want her to get to a point of no return. She has Ryn to go back too. She needs her mother. And if I needed to do something I am not proud of then I will. She kissed me back and I saw how she was calming down. "I have to go now, but I brought you something to eat." I stood up and reached for the sandwich and lemonade and placed it next to her before I walked out the door and back to the Goddess's palace. I reached for my phone first and dialed Jack. "Hey, so we are going with Athena's plan. She was attacked, man. She is hurt." He sighed before he agreed to it. I headed to the palace and dismissed the guard. I stood outside her door where she was still awake. I was doing this for Athena. I needed to trust her plan was going to work. If the Goddess wanted me then she was going to get me. But there was only one person who could handle me. And I was going to break the Goddess. I opened the door and Goddess was looking at me in shock.

"What are you doing here?" She asked. You can tell she was still mad. I took my jacket off and threw it to the ground. "You get off on other people suffering, fine. You want me to fuck you and not my mate fine." I had this pissed-off man that was inside me with problems that ran back to the war. I walked over to her and grabbed her by her hair and pulled it back which she winced at. "I am going to break you and you're going to wish you never unleashed the beast." She had a sadistic smile on her face that was terrifying. She tried to reach to kiss me but I couldn't. I hated her. I lifted her up and bent her over her bed. "I like that you're aggressive." She whispered. "Shut the fuck up, I didn't say you can talk." I hesitantly unbuttoned my pants and lifted them down. Before I shoved my cock in her with no warning, causing her to scream out loud. I gave her what she wanted and felt sick to my stomach. I wrapped my hand around her throat and my grip began to tighten as I stroked inside and out of her. She was gasping for air and a part of me wanted to squeeze harder. But she was enjoying it. I pulled out of her and grabbed her by her neck and walked her over to the wall and slammed her against it before I entered her again. Her head bounced off the wall but she was moaning. Forcing myself to keep going without going soft. I fastened my pace, forcing myself to get to that point. Right before I threw her to the ground and ejaculated over her body. "You wanted this, I will treat you like the trash of the queen you are." She laid there on the ground completely in shock. As I walked out. I will protect my mate even if it means becoming an asshole.