Chapter One: Death

Alex had just came out of the doctors office with what had to be one of his most goofy smile. In about a month he would be getting bottom surgery, the surgery that would let him be the man he was on the inside, outside. Right now he just had to pick up some more medication to continue to prepare for his surgery.

Finally! At last! Im going to be a man! He silently thought to himself, feeling his grin becoming a smile. Though he tried to restrain himself so as to not look creepy.

It took a lot to get to this point. Long conversations with many people, growing a business to be able to support himself and building the support he would need to go through with the long overdue surgery.

His mind began to wonder as he thought about all thats happened.

Then his smile dimmed as he thought back to when he came out to his former friends then family.

~~~Flashback ~~~

"Mom, dad, Eric..." he paused to take a deep breath in "im transgender."

A moment of silence followed before his brother let out a chuckle. "what?" Eric asked with confusion and amusement on his face. "Your trans? No way... No way! Hahaha!" he slapped his leg.

Alex felt his stomach sink at the reaction of his younger brother so instead he looked to his parents who were no better.

Disgust and confusion evident on their faces. "Eva," his father began "do you know what that means?"

"of course I do, " alex responded. "it means im a man."

"no, your my princess, how could you be a transgender?" disbelief laced his mothers voice, as tears weld up in here eyes.

"mom, this is who i am, im a man, and i want you all to know that." he said as calmly as he could.

Eric, this time, laughed hard at his brothers words "You can't be man, your woman, thats how you were born idiot!" the younger brother retorted as if it were really like that, he'd always been a dick now that he thought about it.

His mother burst into tears denying the news that she didn't have a son and daughter but two sons.

Alex's father argued with him, his younger brother agreeing with his father while his mother cried claiming that he had betrayed them and that he was ungrateful for their love.

"Eva, take your words back, or leave and never show your face here again." with the coldest eyes he'd ever seen on who he once thought was his kind, loving and understanding father, he gave him an ultimatum.

It was quite for a moment before Alex stood up and went to leave with his head hung low in disappointment. With his back turned to them he told them before he left "my name is Alex."and with that... he left.

Many more conversations came about with his family and relatives, this time over the phone and sometimes in person. But in the end he cut ties with all his family completely. His brother, the greedy bitch he was, was happy he was gone so now he could inherite the family business, his mother felt that he had betrayed them and his father acted as if he only ever had one child.

His friends were no better when he told them just a few days before he told his family.

Cale thought him to be disgusting and ended his friendship with Alex. Ken said he didn't agree with the idea that people were lgbtq or anything of the sort so he too cut ties. And his best friend, almost brother, simply left... Didn't say a single, word.

~~~End of flashback~~~

He really had fath in them, that they'd support him and exsept him for who he was... he really did. He knew they didn't support lgbtq and he knew some would cut ties with him, but he didn't think all of them would.

'They were the family and friends I've had for years.' He thought 'Surly they might change their views for my sake' but that hope was futile.

There were many tears after that but with support from his therapist and online friends who were supportive of him, it took a while, but he bounced back.

That was almost six months ago now, since then a lot has changed for him, from his hair to his voice. He had begun to bloom into the person he wanted and needed to be, and was honestly really happy about it, he's even started to make new friends at this point, people he could see face to face and meet in person often, so life was really starting to turn around for him.

Now he was waiting for traffic to stop so that he and a group of strangers could walk through the road when a kid out of nowhere ran out into the raod, earning himself surprised and horrified gasps.

Then time seemed to slow down...

he could hear his heart beat in his ears...

and without much thought...

He pushed the kid out of the way before an oncoming car could touch him.

There was a loud screech and audible band whe he got hit and suddenly things got really fast again as he felt the pain of getting shoved painfully by a car

There was a loud screech and audible band whe he got hit and suddenly things got really fast again as he felt the pain of getting shoved painfully by a car. He heard the screams of people as they watched it happen, they were frantic, yelling 'Call 911!' over and over again as a man approached him to check on him before backing away...or at least thats what he thought, as things got blurry. Then he saw two glowing figures looking down on him, the light radiating off of them contrasting with the gray muddy sky, that looked as if it was about to rain but the news only reported cloudy skies.

He felt a light tap on his face, the news was never right, as the skies began to cry light tears. He heard the two figures talk but he was too hurt and out of it to pay attention to what they were talking about.

"So this is it... this is how i die?... What about becoming a man?... What about my new friends? My new life!... I don't wanna die... " with tears in his eyes, his voice hardly above a whisper before he colsed them and was unwillingly carried off to wherever or whatever happened after death.