Chapter Fifteen: Plan Of Action

So, until he's old enough to leave the house and live by himself, he is determined to live as if he didn't exist.

Now he needed to figure out how he would make money.

He stopped writing and sat back to ponder how he would make money. He was an entrepreneur in his past and has more than enough experience, skill and knowledge to build a successful business from the ground up but he wasn't sure how alike the industry in this world is to the one in his, this could mean that he either has an advantage over every entrepreneur in this world or everyone already knows what he knows meaning that he's on the same level as everyone else, he hoped for the latter if he was going to start his own business.

But he also wanted to do something a little different this time around, he wanted to do nothing and live in bliss for the rest of his days and though he enjoys his line of profession, he's also already done it so he thought he would sit this round out, maybe he would start one when he's bored or has no choice, in which case he would start saving up for it if the day ever came. He skimmed over the events of the story in his mind to see if there was anything mentioned in it that he could profit off of for a long time.

Then it hit him.

In the original novel Leora was invited to the second prince's, and the love interest that she ends up with, birthday but all the stores she goes to turn her down because they can't take anymore orders or some other reason, and as she's looking for a shop that will make her dress for the banquet she stumbles upon a tailor's shop with a woman in it who owns the shop and is the tailor of the shop, Leora see that the woman is both talented and very skilled so she puts in an order for a dress and long story short, the dress is gorgeous and the shop becomes one of the most popular in the county and the woman becomes the royal seamstress.

So, Alex as the son of a duke with lots of money could become a major investor of the business and make a lot of money without doing anything! Future money problem solved.

From here he'll just live and go with the flow, it's not like he could really plan for everything in the future, something he learned from his past life.

'Now all that's left to do is...study.' He sighed and closed his journal then pushed it aside to begin sorting through his school work and devise a plan to efficiently learn everything he needed to in two months. Anything he already knew like English, math and science he would either spend less time on or not study entirely. He created a study schedule and began to work for the next 6 hours.

He stretched his body out as he slouched on his chair, Hope was long gone and had been coming in to check on him on an hourly-bases. By now its 3pm in the afternoon and Alex was ready to do anything else but stare at a book and scribble on paper. He'd finned his tea and was ready to have a snack and right on que Hope came in delivering what would be good news for Alex.

"Young master, now that your done would you like to have a snack in the garden?"

"Yes please!" he said a little too enthusiastically. "But give me a sec so I can take these back...actually no, is there a place here I can leave my things for tomorrow?"

"...Yes, you can just leave them here." She was a little shocked that he wanted to personally take his books back to his room. 'It's like he's completely forgotten what a personal maid is for.'

Alex tried to organized his things, but Hope jumped in to stop him. "Please don't concern yourself with that young master, I can take care of it."

"No, it's my mess so ill clean it." He knew how annoying it was to clean someone else's mess.

"But as your personal maid this is my job"

"No, no, I can take care of it"

"I insist young master."

"You do enough for me already, this is the least I can do."

"That's very kind of you but I can do it."

"But you already work so hard, please let me do it."

They struggle against each other as they try to clean the same mess. And eventually there was only one book to put away and they both grabbed it at the same time and a game of tug of war ensued, though hope could easily take it away she didn't want to risk hurting Alex. At the same time they giggled at how silly they were acting over a book.

"C'mon, let me do this one book!" Alex says though giggles.

"No, I'll take care of it." she too responded though giggles that were slowly subsiding.

"Curse these noodle arms!"

"Pardon?" and the book was ripped clean from his hands and swiftly put away.

"Uh, nothing." he says sheepishly.

"Then I'll lead you to the garden." She says with a bright smile plastered on her face.

They leave the library in a good mood and soon thereafter arrive at the garden. The flowers were truly beautiful and vibrant to Alex who had lived in a city right after turning 18, so much so that they lifted his mood. Actually it was a bit nostalgic for him, his mother had a beautiful flower garden in his old home which he used to skateboard and roller-skate around all the time with his friends in which annoyed her to no end, he could almost here his mother scolding him to be careful around her flowers but also completely disregarding them whenever he fell in them. At the same time he felt a pang in his heart knowing how awfully their relationship ended.

"Hear we are young master." Hope pulled him out of his thoughts.

"Oh, yeah."

He sat down and was almost immediately served a red velvet cake immaculately decorated with edible designs. He cut through the light cake easily with his fork and popped a bite into his mouth savoring the taste of the cake, satisfaction was practically written in a big, black and bold sharpie marker right across his forehead for all to see. He began to swing his feet back and forth as he enjoyed the scenery around him. The scene was absolutely perfect to Alex and nothing could ruin it.

"Come join me Hope." Alex offers.

"Don't worry about me young master, I've already eaten." She quickly shoots down.

"Then you should at least sit down."

"That's alright master, I'm serving you already and it would be inconvenient for me to serve you whilst sitting down."

"I'll be here for a long time." he warns.

"Please, take your time." She said a little too happily for Alex to not think it was a challenge.

"Alright then." But he still decided to not take too much time there.

In the distance, away from Alex's view, hope noticed a figure approaching them. The person was followed by an entourage of servants, about five or so, so she guessed it was someone important. As the figure came closer, she easily identified them as the madam of the estate, Arina Raina Calliston. She drops her guard and leans down to inform Alex of her arrival.