~ Chapter 1 ~

A/N- Sorry if this chapter is really short and boring I just wanted to get this part of Amelia’s current life and background out the way so it would be easier to understand later on. Soon Oli will be introduced, also the picture is what Amelia Pixie looks like.

Enjoy!

- Mimi x

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Okay,” I whisper through a long exhale of air, “just breathe, Amelia, breathe!”

Well today was the day I, Amelia Pixie, a hopeless, careless 16 year old has officially lost it, hit rock bottom!

My own mother is kicking me out, forcing me to live with my arrogant, narcissistic father, the root of their divorce and my insanity.

Seriously if it wasn’t for him leaving us two years ago I wouldn’t be here today with bad grades, excluded from school more times than I can count on 3 pairs of hands, a history of drug and alcohol abuse and worst of all having to now live with him, ugh! Life sometimes really sucks.

Imagine living with the most selfish man in existence and now your slightly less however still as annoying mother being the one forcing you to go, yeah, exactly.

However here I am standing in the doorway of my tight-fitting, poster-covered room that I will probably never see again.

My long blonde hair is in a simple pony tail, im wearing ripped black skinny jeans, my black vans and a Fall Out Boy tank top. My makeup is simple today, consisting of foundation, eyeliner and thick black, monster eyelashes that tower over my bright blue eyes. 

“Amelia,” my mum announces loudly, echoing through the house. “AMELIA PIXIE! Come on we need to go NOW!” My mum shrieks, sending small shivers down my spine in slight fear.

I grab my black suitcase and Drop Dead duffel bag filled with every thing I will need to survive the next, maybe the last, six deathly hours of my life as I drive to Sheffield.

This is the time my arrogant mother blares off about random crap that no one, especially me, could care less about. Then around halfway through this she will see I have my earphones in, probably listening to Motionless In White, Nirvana or Slipknot, and begin to rant on about how rude it is to have earphones in whilst she is talking. Around this time I just nod, say how sorry I am and then are forced to listen to her rant on for around two more hours until I am free of her voice. Now, finally, I can listen to more Motionless In White, Nirvana or Slipknot.

And my hypothesis was completely and utterly correct, I know, you should feel sorry for me.

Six long hours later here I am in front of the next few years of my life, wow this is really depressing.

I take a slow, steady step out of the front of my car, inhaling and exhaling steadily trying not to have a nervous breakdown. I know this sounds kind of stupid but my idiotic father really pushes me to the brim of insanity.

I walk slowly towards the large, brick house with two white colonels reaching up at the front porch. Five large windows stretch across the top of the house with four on the bottom and a large black door staring back at me. A driveway, that’s too large to even describe, sits in front of the house. Anchors of green, freshly cut grass fills the rest of the land next to symmetrically cut, towering trees that shade the sun beating down from the bright blue, however slightly cloudy, sky.

Oh yea! I forgot to add my father is pretty rich, if you haven’t already got that from his mansion house.

I take a quick glance at my mum standing closely next to me as she takes the large knocker and slams it against the hard black wood and within a matter of seconds a man around his forties appears behind the now open door.  His figure is slim, hair grey with a small grey beard as he wears black trousers, posh, shiny black boots and a white shirt with a long black tie, also known as my selfish father.

He outstretches both his arm with a wide smile spread across his slightly wrinkly face as he steps towards me. He squeezes all the air out my lungs whilst my hands awkwardly rest around his waist. A while after, he lets go as I breathe heavily trying to once again fill my lungs with oxygen.

“Hey kiddo!” He says excitedly as though I’m still ten years old. Well done dad, forgetting your daughter’s age after not seeing her for two years, that’s a really good reputation.