~ Chapter 14 ~

A/N – I’m going back to the present day, carrying on from the end of chapter 10. Enjoy!

- Mimi x

{{ PRESENT DAY }} ( Oli’s POV )

“Are we there yet,” Amelia whines through a burst-full of giggles.

“Nearly,” I reply keeping my hands secure over her eyes as I take her over to the same small park I usually visit. I keep her body close to mine as I guide her over the bumps and up a slight hill before stopping still. I mean I only asked Jordan to get some food and a blanket but this is perfect.

There is a large, chequered blanket lying over a patch of green grass with a large basket filled with different types of food and next to it a selection of different drinks and a small plastic bag filled with a surprise for Amelia. Laid around the blanket are small, artificial lights and millions of stars filling my every view.

“You ready?” I whisper in her ear.

“Yep,” she then replies in another of her burst-full of giggles. I take a deep breathe before pulling my hands away and shouting, “HAPPY BIRTHDAY?” I watch as she turned around, looking slightly confused, raising an eyebrow. With an awkward tone I interrupt her thoughts and say, “well, when I placed you down on the sofa on the night of your birthday I wanted to give another gift to you and well… then like my dad and the whole coma thing… so that was kinda annoying but then I did this. So… happy birthday.” I watched as a smile began to spread across her face and before I knew it tears began to fall freely down her face.

“Thank you,” she whispered before throwing her hands around my waist and burying her head in my chest.

Pulling her hands away from around my waist, she then interlocks her small fingers with mine and pulls me over to the small scenery. Slamming my body onto the blanket, I pull Amelia down with me as she lands in my lap, laughing. I observe her as she stares down at her lap; laughing still, before running her hands through her long, dirty blonde hair and then coming to meet her gaze with mine. We gaze into each other’s eyes for what seems like forever, the dark, starry sky surrounding us in a comfortable silence.

Wow this is perfect.

She is perfect.

An eternity later Amelia breaks the silence, saying “Oliver Sykes?”

“Amelia Pixie?” I then reply with a concerned tone in my voice.

“Where’s… the food,” she says in another of her burst-full of giggles, before climbing off of me and over to the basket of food and drink.

“Drink?” she shouted over to me, as she looks through the selection of drinks before pouring herself a coke.

“Same as you,” I replied before I am met with her face only centimetres from mine, handing me my drink and taking a long gulp at the same time.

“So… the present!” I say, halfway though a swallow of coke, to see Amelia’s body jolt upwards, her eyes large with excitement. I take out a small, portable cd player from the plastic bag behind me and watch as Amelia’s eyes observe closely in confusion. This causes a large smile to spread across my face before I grab my bag and crawl through the masses of things stuffed inside. I take a deep breath as my hands grasp hold of the cd, before pulling out the small plastic case. I feel Amelia’s eyes still watch as I place the small cd into the player and press play.

Oh fuck.

Well no going back now.

Well still, fuck.

I listen as I hear the first note of the song play and then I watch as the realisation of the situation had hit Amelia and then see her hands quickly cup over her mouth in shock as I sing the first note. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Yo-u di-d that, for m-e?” she asked after the song had finished, still in the exact same position. I nod a reply feeling a sudden feeling of embarrassment come over me, realising that I probably made a complete ass of myself, great!

We sit in silence for a moment before Amelia finally speaks, saying, “your-that was… amazing. I didn’t know you could sing like that, Oli your amazing.” Tears begin to fall freely down her face and before I know it she is sitting on my lap, her arms held tight around my neck and holding her head centimetres from mine.

“So you like it,” I then ask, kissing her forehead lightly.

“I love it,” she replies before pressing her lips onto mine.

She sits on my lap for hours, talking about every thing that happened during and since the coma and then spent more hours discussing how the fuck I’m supposed to graduate from school since I missed the ceremony.

“Amelia I have something I need to say,” I butt in accidently as the words spill out of my mouth.

“Yeah?”

“The guys that helped me record the song asked me to help them with something.”

“Uh-huh.”

“They… they want me to join their band.”

“Yeah?”

“They did it before and got a record deal but it didn’t work out but I mean I think I could do this. Obviously I don’t mean I will be famous but why not try to get gigs and stuff, I mean if that’s okay with you, I-don’t-want-to-leave-you-all-the-time-and…”

“OLI! That’s amazing! You’ll do amazing. You need to talk to them about doing this, who knows where you’ll get.”

“Your perfect.”
“I know,” she then replies with sarcasm in her voice through another of her giggles.

We then go back to chatting all night about the band idea, me being super famous and then anything there was to talk about.