~ Chapter 2 ~

A/N - In this chapter Oli will be introduced. Btw that picture is what Alix looks like, Enjoy!

-Mimi x

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"AMELIA," I hear a familiar voice shout, "BREAKFAST!"

I instantly sit up, sprinting out from my bed and down to the kitchen. The smell of pancakes fills the entire of the kitchen as a stack of them lies in front of me. I take a knife and fork and begin to tear my way through them one by one and drinking my coffee.

"You want me to drive you to school?" My dad says way too excitedly.

"Na, I'm fine to walk."

"Are you sure I mean, do you know where it is and-"

"I'm fine to walk Dad!" I retort.

He takes a step back before leaving the room for good. Not long after I rush back to my room to shower and then get dressed in my Of Mice & Men tank top, black skinny jeans and my vans before grabbing my backpack and leaving.

I stick in my earphones blasting endless PTV as I take my long walk to school.

I decided to leave super early this morning and no one was in sight nearly the entire walk. Every now and then I would see a car or a person outside their house but apart from that I was alone. Until a black, lanky figure stood on the other side of the road. He had black skinny jeans and a black hoodie with the hood up and over his face. His posture was bent over as he dragged his body down the road. For a split second he looked over at me, his long brown fringe covered most of his face and a small glimpse of a tattoo on his hand caught my eye. Almost straight after he turned back away and that's when I realized I have been staring at him. I don't know what it is but something about him fascinates me. I push these feelings behind me and focus on making a good impression today; no one can know about my past, I'm going to be different this time.

The rest of the walk is spent in silence, the mysterious boy only a few steps in front of me. As much as I try to keep my mind off of him I just cant.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day at school went surprisingly quick and now it was lunch. As I walked around aimlessly trying to find a seat I couldn't stop thinking of him. I haven't been able to focus on anything else and I don't know why.

My thinking was then disturbed when I walked into a girl around my age with bright red hair, blue eyes and a few small freckles on her cheeks. Her figure was small, her septum pierced and a warm smile plastered on her face.

"I'm so sorry," I say with a slight nervous tone in my voice.

"No, don't worr- wait, you're the new girl, Amelia, Right?" The red head says.

"Erm, yeah, that's me."

"Oh, hi, I'm Alix, you wanna sit with me, Sam and Jordan over there," she says pointing over to a girl with long brown hair and brown eyes with stretchers and a boy with blonde hair with a fringe sweeping over his face.

"Yeah sure," I reply building up slightly more confidence.

I follow Alix over to her table to see Sam and Jordan sitting talking to each other.

"Hi guys this is Amelia, she's new here," she says pointing over at me.

"Hiya," I say with every last piece of confidence I have in me.

"Hi, I'm Jordan," the brown haired girl says," and this is..."

"Sam," the blonde boy buts in.

"Yea he's kinda annoying."

I take a seat next to Alix and Sam, listening in on their conversation.

"Amelia?" A familiar voice calls out to me waking me up from my, now aware, daydream.

"Hey what were you thinking about," Sam says slightly nagging at me.

"Um you see that boy," I say pointing over to the mysterious boy that's been on my mind since this morning, "who is he?"

"Oh that's Oliver Sykes," Alix explains before Sam buts in saying, "the cocky school weirdo who sits in his own self pity after his only girlfriend cheating and his friend committing suicide only last year"

"Yeah don't talk to him, he's a massive buzz kill."

"Okay, yeah, yeah sorry just wondering." I say feeling slightly embarrassed

After that we just talked about random shit and turns out they are all really nice, I can feel myself turning around for the better with these friends.

"We've all got English now, right?" Sam states.

We all nod and before I know it Sam take my hand puling me towards our next classroom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay guys, just before you leave I'm going to assign you with your partners for the big project," my English teacher says before the entire classroom moans at him.

He begins to call out a list of names pairing one with the other until I heard, "Amelia Pixie, you will be with..." he says with a pause that feels like forever," Oliver Sykes"

Wait!

What?

Him? What? No. No. No. No. This cannot be happening. I don't know why I just don't think I can possibly talk to him. Oh fuck!

The bell rings and soon after I grab my bag and walk over to Oliver, trying to show every last piece of confidence and not be super awkward. Please Amelia just don't be super awkward, just this once.

"Hi your Oliver right?" I say as he packs his bag. He looks up at me, his fringe covering his haze brown eyes, just before I notice tattoos that cover his entire neck.

He nods as I speak saying, "well you wanna come round mine or yours to do this project and I mean I really don't mind."

"Yours," he says without a hint of hesitation. I simply nod and pull out a piece of paper and a pen, jotting down the location of my house and phone number before handing it to him, "just text me whenever you want to meet up, I'm not usually very busy, aha!"

"Erm, yea, yea sure erm okay," he says with a nervous tone in his voice.

"Okay well erm, see you then, bye Oliver," I say before exiting the classroom.

As I walk home all I can think about is him, again! I know right, ugh. I mean why was he so eager to come round mine.

I stick in my earphones and walk home thinking about him.